• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 458 socom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I have a nylon 66 (brown) that is stamped right in front of the rear sight, wear it usally says Remington 22LR only, mine say's PAT Pending 22LR only. Got any insight. My gun also has AN A in front of the ser #. I found that in the book but not sure about the other part.

Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I know one thing about the Nylon 66, you better know what you are doing before you try your hand at assembly/disassembly. By far one of the trickier guns to get back together.

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I had the nylon green 77 model for my very first rifle......I had a dang casing blow out around the rim and tore the firing pin apart.
    Sold the gun for parts to a gunsmith for like $25.
    Man I miss that rifle!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have one that says PAT PEND then underneath Remington and .22lr only. It has no serial number at all, as far as I can tell. Any ideas on when it was made?

Edit: Okay, some info I found suggests it was made prior to 1968....looked up the date code stamped on it. Mine was made in August of 1962.

Last edited:

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Before 1968

I have one that says PAT PEND then underneath Remington and .22lr only. It has no serial number at all, as far as I can tell. Any ideas on when it was made?

Edit: Okay, some info I found suggests it was made prior to 1968....looked up the date code stamped on it. Mine was made in August of 1962.

Top Bottom