• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My last Form 1 was 31 days and it was a year ago as well.

Pretty sad when I think thirty days is too long to wait, considering the eleven months my first Form 4 took.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well I got my stamp back on 15JAN. Hate to admit it but I had not done anything to prepare for this. Took the shotty in to my buddy's place and got it engraved. Went back the next day and got the barrels cut down.

Ran some birdshot thru it just because that is what I had. Less weight makes it feel like it kicks more.

Still do not have a good second stock to play with so it stays like this for now. Plan to put a gold bead on it just because. Once I find a workable stock I will get it duracoted.

But here is the work up to this point:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Well I got my stamp back on 15JAN. Hate to admit it but I had not done anything to prepare for this. Took the shotty in to my buddy's place and got it engraved. Went back the next day and got the barrels cut down.

Ran some birdshot thru it just because that is what I had. Less weight makes it feel like it kicks more.

Still do not have a good second stock to play with so it stays like this for now. Plan to put a gold bead on it just because. Once I find a workable stock I will get it duracoted.

But here is the work up to this point:

Love it! It would look good next to my SxS :yesway:

SxS%20and%20AOW%201_zpsfz0ao7n6.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Those look nice... did you keep the double with the full stock because of recoil or looks?

I kept the stock on this one for a couple of reasons. The wood is really nice on the SxS so I didn't want to start tearing into it. I wanted to see how it looked after chopping the barrels and so far I like the looks so I may leave it. The other reason is that I have a O/U project that I started on a few months back and just haven't had time to get back to. I am carving down the stock on that one as seen below (that's as far as I've gotten) so I figure I could have one in each condition. Having said that, I have seen a nice SxS like mine where the owner left the stock but shortened it some and shaped and reattached the pad. It looked very nice and a bit more proportional - shorter at both ends.

OU%20SBS%20StockWork%201_zpsjtc8dgzr.jpg

OU%20SBS%20StockWork%202_zpsmwtmtxz7.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Having said that, I have seen a nice SxS like mine where the owner left the stock but shortened it some and shaped and reattached the pad. It looked very nice and a bit more proportional - shorter at both ends.

Here's an example of what I may try to do - shorten the stock for a more proportional look. Although I think I would leave mine just a little longer.
    Also a link to video of another guy that did the same on his.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=God3_BsfabY

SxS%20Shortened%20Stock_zpsyldqg5x3.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I will say this about an SBS, when you cut it down to pistol size and it can be a finger smasher with full power loads.

With mine, it's a *****cat with Aguila mini-shells. But with full 2 3/4 birdshot rounds and low recoil 00 buckshot, it's a handful. I've noticed a nasty tendency for the front trigger to gouge my trigger finger when firing the second barrel (something you won't have to worry about, it looks like, since you have a single trigger). I need to get a set of shooting gloves for the next time I take it out.

Regardless, it is amazingly fun to shoot.

1rfME6vNnoc4KyGVL01TAvju5-NrCGhn6XhdnG9NQ89MsU0Mmy2WlaHKShXvAt3mEX5GVFEci6I2BW6B0DVmDb881TBrpB_LbDCRlRLiMyVvWVlJNqGcDYHtViM5xt6twif1y1o-P6kkv0dGzTYzOMx0_Qzzx9Fwa6eFSbdT3QdMNa7h7_TOpi9h7yOaKPS_8247qq5_M6n6qxmZHCGmmjjDPSEauTcbRS_QYv45D1kMePP6SmL-MnALDcPB6mb1zN4htktPGLt3svfSJGBCPPmc6kFBzpNsst33hq0qDBOyDMI5kvvWSZqDrZS6Tkmf8N1_MtU6BdZerVQvnokUt8ZGa-dBLPYMWoYo6U1hpyThPaL_c23e5zAuTv0saM5CPZqIikQNmSx3F6paxPkmTZ9MEo1_KHIRozYPepuLwD-L6qvFDbz3jsmFlGrNC_9V7uSGVvc2FuOKzWTKX4HqkPTaDJ2anVNaDXiktoXxkOkFEOl-sg98-4d16LcKY4gMp58MOSgL-frOrO7KKnwpimmwM-_NAQWXrXt3l-6q2KfuxeIiYUlyXA5JNecHNi9MHQLLQw=w1274-h955-no

Edit: Apparently the name of a pet feline and of a famous Tom Jones song is censored on here. Weird.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Are the Aguila mini-shells worth anything more than making noise? Never shot them, never looked into them. Figured they were just a novelty like all the strange shotshells you find at the 1500.

I think that I will grab some 00 buck and try it out just because. I agree that pistol only is gonna be a handful.

Oh and your pic isn't showing up on my pute.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Are the Aguila mini-shells worth anything more than making noise? Never shot them, never looked into them. Figured they were just a novelty like all the strange shotshells you find at the 1500.

I think that I will grab some 00 buck and try it out just because. I agree that pistol only is gonna be a handful.

Oh and your pic isn't showing up on my pute.

I'm not sure the mini-shells are worth much to take down a person or anything, but for punch holes in paper with an SBS, they work just fine.

Top Bottom