• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is why you should always password protect your phone with the strongest password you can remember. The Obama admin wants cops to be able to search your phone whenever they wish without having to go through the hassle of getting a warrant. I have doubts that the supremes will side with us on this, given their past anti-liberty rulings. Scalia would almost certainly side with the cops and their "new professionalism". It's just a new fracture, every time we turn around. All in the name of law and order.

Obama administration asks Supreme Court to allow warrantless cellphone searches

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Only a no good would be turrurist would be against this. You like freedom don't you? Democracy? Soaring eagles in the sky and grandmas appple pie and everything that is America?

I'd like to see a cellphone with a 'kill switch'. Try the password and fail three times, it just wipes the damn phone."The password is 'obama'. Didn't work? What do you mean. Oh yeah, the first 'O' is actually a 'zero'. Didn't work? Ohhh, sorry, it's spelt zero-b-@-m-a. What do you mean the phone turned off? What'd you do?!"

"Oh but Lebowski we need this to protect our children and because our borders are unsafe."

Do we?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Even if SCOTUS goes along with it, I don't think it would fly in Indiana, barring exigent circumstances. I know in my office we always get a warrant or consent, I think we'd lose the results of the search if we didn't.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Only a no good would be turrurist would be against this. You like freedom don't you? Democracy? Soaring eagles in the sky and grandmas appple pie and everything that is America?

I'd like to see a cellphone with a 'kill switch'. Try the password and fail three times, it just wipes the damn phone."The password is 'obama'. Didn't work? What do you mean. Oh yeah, the first 'O' is actually a 'zero'. Didn't work? Ohhh, sorry, it's spelt zero-b-@-m-a. What do you mean the phone turned off? What'd you do?!"

"Oh but Lebowski we need this to protect our children and because our borders are unsafe."

Do we?

There is a setting on my Iphone that indicates, if you turn it on, that it will erase all data after 10 failed passcode attempts.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That'll be really useful when they pop your iPhone open, extract all of the storage, and stick that storage into their archive recorder to make multiple copies of, and play with your data outside of your carefully laid 10-wrong-passcodes-and-I'll-delete-everything trap. Anti-forensics have to be embedded into the storage devices themselves to detect attempts to do wholesale archival and start feeding bogus data to the archiver while deleting itself.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    This is why you should always password protect your phone with the strongest password you can remember. The Obama admin wants cops to be able to search your phone whenever they wish without having to go through the hassle of getting a warrant. I have doubts that the supremes will side with us on this, given their past anti-liberty rulings. Scalia would almost certainly side with the cops and their "new professionalism". It's just a new fracture, every time we turn around. All in the name of law and order.

Obama administration asks Supreme Court to allow warrantless cellphone searches

Scalia wrote the opinion in Jardines, and you think he would side with the police on this issue? Haven't read many of his opinions, have you?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Scalia wrote the opinion in Jardines, and you think he would side with the police on this issue? Haven't read many of his opinions, have you?

Yep, I have read more than a few of his opinions. He's a cop worshiper and sides with them much more than he does against them. He's the one who swore they were better than ever before with their "new professionalism" and has given them darned near everything they could want in cases he opined on. One case does not outweigh his decisions on others.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Yep, I have read more than a few of his opinions. He's a cop worshiper and sides with them much more than he does against them. He's the one who swore they were better than ever before with their "new professionalism" and has given them darned near everything they could want in cases he opined on. One case does not outweigh his decisions on others.

You've read Jardines? Just curious.

Care to elaborate on his opinions that have disturbed you? Cites/names are enough...

This one doesn't strike me as anti-liberty either: Printz v. United States (95-1478), 521 U.S. 898 (1997)

For starters...

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Why would they need to get it off of my phone? I'm sure the have everything I've ever done on it stored in some database anyway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That'll be really useful when they pop your iPhone open, extract all of the storage, and stick that storage into their archive recorder to make multiple copies of, and play with your data outside of your carefully laid 10-wrong-passcodes-and-I'll-delete-everything trap. Anti-forensics have to be embedded into the storage devices themselves to detect attempts to do wholesale archival and start feeding bogus data to the archiver while deleting itself.

I assume: If they want your data...they'll get your data. And the bigger the fish you are, the further the extremes they'll go to to get that info.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You've read Jardines? Just curious.

Care to elaborate on his opinions that have disturbed you? Cites/names are enough...

This one doesn't strike me as anti-liberty either: Printz v. United States (95-1478), 521 U.S. 898 (1997)

For starters...
    City of Indianapolis VS Edmond

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And who is currently in charge of the executive branch of government, of which the justice department is part?

Obama, but you phrase it as if Barry is running straight to the Supreme Court for extrajudicial permission.:D

It is .gov appealing an adverse ruling. I think we would all anticipate this no matter who is President.

Top Bottom