• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good! Obama's people actually got something right for once. The ITC really overstepped the bounds on this one. It was a civil matter that is being hashed out in the courts already, the ITC had no business getting involved in this one till the courts have had their day. Upholding BS patents and trying to hold back innovation is doing no-one any good. Samsung already owes Apple 100's of millions for infringing their patents, eventually they'll come to an agreement. The ITC was doing no-one any favours by involving themselves in the matter.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll take one guess on which corporation has more government contracts.

What's Micro$oft got to do with anything? Or RIM?

^This!

Apple products (ipad, apple computers, iphones) are not in use by government agencies.
    It's not that .gov agencies that buy them but more an issue of security and infrastructure and personnel.
    The vast majority of the agencies have and know how to protect MS based systems and OUTLOOK is the bases for 99% of all email traffic.

There is one agency (GSA) that does not use any MS products (open office, gmail, google docs, etc..) but they are an odd ball since they don't get funding from Congress.

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark. We wouldn't want the first family to give up their IPADs now, would we? :dunno:

Sorry if I am little suspicious of the government. Please do put me at ease. :)

The 1st family may be using apple products (no idea if they are) but those are personal use items.
    In DOD and SSA it's a security violation to have an apple product on the networks.
    Big time :nono: and the "IT police" will come down hard on any user who connects one of those.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, as I recall, Obama uses a Blackberry that he had to get special permission to continue to use. Maybe his daughters use iPads or his wife. I wouldn't know, or care. What are the odds that they use the most popular and widespread table in the country?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    O also had/has an ipod with at the time had The Beatles music on it yet at the time of the interview iTunes did not have The Beatles music for sale.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^This! Apple products (ipad, apple computers, iphones) are not in use by government agencies. It's not that .gov agencies that buy them but more an issue of security and infrastructure and personnel. The vast majority of the agencies have and know how to protect MS based systems and OUTLOOK is the bases for 99% of all email traffic. There is one agency (GSA) that does not use any MS products (open office, gmail, google docs, etc..) but they are an odd ball since they don't get funding from Congress. Outlook is a mail reader. The 1st family may be using apple products (no idea if they are) but those are personal use items. In DOD and SSA it's a security violation to have an apple product on the networks. Big time :nono: and the "IT police" will come down hard on any user who connects one of those.
    Outlook is a mail reader. /10 char

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I had the Beatles on my iPod and in iTunes before they had it on sale at the iTunes store. Just copied the CD's to my library.
    Dammit. You are spoiling the latest conspiracy theory. Come on. The Beatles = Imagine = Communist plot.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Outlook is a mail reader. /10 char

Dammit. You are spoiling the latest conspiracy theory. Come on. The Beatles = Imagine = Communist plot.

It has NOTHING to do with communist. It has to do with the fact that mrjarrell like O have broken the copyright law in converting their Beatles CD into a digital file and then uploading it to the ipod. Under the current copyright law you are NOT allowed to do this. As you bought a CD not the 'rights' to a digital file.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    @mrjarrell

I would STRONGLY advise you remove your text/comment as the RIAA is ..... about going after the end user for that.

Pssst. You can move your cds to the cloud and listen to them through iTunes.

Adding music and other content to iTunes

Heck, I have the service that allows me to sync my entire cd library across multiple devices. It is $25 a year. The name escapes me at the moment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    @mrjarrell

I would STRONGLY advise you remove your text/comment as the RIAA is ..... about going after the end user for that.

Nope, because I didn't break any copyright laws. It's not illegal to transfer your CD's to an MP3 player. No more so than it was to make a copy of an LP and put it on tape to listen to in your car. If RIAA wants me they can come get me. I'm not removing any post of mine.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Nope, because I didn't break any copyright laws. It's not illegal to transfer your CD's to an MP3 player. No more so than it was to make a copy of an LP and put it on tape to listen to in your car. If RIAA wants me they can come get me. I'm not removing any post of mine.
    What you did was perfectly legal.

Top Bottom