• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I heard on the radio that Obama Care has a big penalty for smokers. Beginning January 1, 2014 a person 40 years old who is a smoker gets a $4,200.00 per year surcharge on their Obama Care premiums. A person 50 years old gets a $5,200.00 per year surcharge.

I won't have this problem because I do not smoke but aren't you happy Obama is working for us, his minions?

Are you going to quit smoking or pay the surcharge?

I don't know what the penalty will be if you do not quit and refuse to pay Obama is money, but what will you do?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well Obama gets his health care at the expense of us. His smoking is also paid for by us.
    "F" him, the sheriff of Nottingham, King George, and Benedict Arnold.
    Birds of a feather...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can't wait until the sheep of this country find out what obama-care is really going to do to to our lives and the medical system. Scary times ahead for all.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Not sure how accurate this is but it's only a matter of time before they look at doing this. If you think about it, some of the folks going to Obama care will be the same loafing leaches that are on welfare, disability, food stamps, free obama phones, etc....and are the same people who don't exercise, they drink 2 liters of soda a day while they pound a large pizza, few Big Macs and a bucket of KFC...then wonder why they have heart failure, diabeties, failing kidneys, etc. This will cause Obama care costs to skyrocket. What will they do? They will try to curtail the consumption of the "Evil" foods.

They've already proved the gov't can force you to do something with obama care. Next they will decide what is right and what is wrong for you. Ask the people who live in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York City where Prime Commisar Bloomberg has already outlawed big sodas and trans fats.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kinda puts a different perspective on those innocent little questions they put at the bottom of those forms they make you fill out when you go see the doctor, doesn't it?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I heard this on the Rush Limbaugh Radio show on WIBC either Thursday of Friday of last week. I don't think Rush would lie about this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yikes! Looks like next time I go see my doc I will have quit drinking and dropped my caffeine addiction...

Admittedly, that comment is a little tin-foil-hat-ish, but as the .gov moves to incorporate the health care system and deputize medical professionals, you have to wonder when all that sort of data will be absorbed into some giant database and used against you someday.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The worst part is...The sheep will not know or care. CNN and other MSM will put a spin on it where it's the Republicans evil doing or still beat a dead horse blaming Bush. Either Bush.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    I heard on the radio that Obama Care has a big penalty for smokers. Beginning January 1, 2014 a person 40 years old who is a smoker gets a $4,200.00 per year surcharge on their Obama Care premiums. A person 50 years old gets a $5,200.00 per year surcharge.

I won't have this problem because I do not smoke but aren't you happy Obama is working for us, his minions?

Are you going to quit smoking or pay the surcharge?

I don't know what the penalty will be if you do not quit and refuse to pay Obama is money, but what will you do?

Obama care was and will never be about affordable health care or helping people. It is all about controlling the people. If they can control, who, what, where, when, how the people get health care, they can control you.

Obama, and his minions, hate big business or any one that has built a good life for themselves. If they can stop someone from smoking, drinking, eating, or whatever else they deem unacceptable in the name of good health, by assessing a penalty, they can effectively cripple this nation and redistribute the wealth; spread the wealth around, in Obama's words. What does this sound like?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Since I have insurance, won't have to worry about it.

Never forget that leftist intrusion is incremental in nature. Besides, who knows what evil lurks in the pages of Obamacare that hasn't yet manifested. There are 1200+ pages. I have been told it takes a professional lawyer at least 45 minutes per page to digest a new law at a level sufficient to work with it properly. We are talking 6 months worth of work here if our lawyer doesn't have anything else in the universe to do. I have my doubts that this law has yet been thoroughly explored.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    For now, this falls under the be-careful-what-you-wish-for umbrella. Most smokers are lower class people, and most lower class people vote democrat.

For the long term, it's a precedent they will use to regulate or eliminate ANY behavior the government determines has an impact on your "health", which will ultimately mean anything they say.

National health care is a pandora's box of tyranny, and we have unfortunately opened the lid.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    For now, this falls under the be-careful-what-you-wish-for umbrella. Most smokers are lower class people, and most lower class people vote democrat.

For the long term, it's a precedent they will use to regulate or eliminate ANY behavior the government determines has an impact on your "health", which will ultimately mean anything they say.

National health care is a pandora's box of tyranny, and we have unfortunately opened the lid.
    Not that I am a lower class person because I smoke:D. Obamacare will not effect the lower class smokers at all, they already get EIC and EBT, it will only effect the middle class smokers like myself. It will not effect the rich because they are rich. Just another policy to make people obey or make them poorer.

Top Bottom