• ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Here is the first page of comments left for that video

Idiot. How will you "protect the American people" without a powerful defence? R&D is mandatory to keep ahead of the threats, and develop new and better ways to support and protect our troops when they go in harms way. Any veteran, military dependent, or other person in someway supported through the Department of Defense is an idiot to vote for Obama.

With the growing exploitation of space by all the World's superpowers, I find his remarks to cut missile and space defense spending quite absurd.

You know, some major nations, such as China, conceal their full military budget. Also, much of that "military" spending is taking care of our veterans and current services members. For example, I'm paid 10$/hr for working in the produce department of a commissary.

You don't stop proliferation by adding to the world's arsenal. As it is the US spends 48% of the world's total military budget. NEARLY HALF of all MILITARY in the WORLD is spent the US and we make up 5% of the world's population. WE SPEND WAY TOO MUCH ON MILITARY. FURTHERMORE, we spend 43% of our national budget on military-related expenditures. AND this is in an era when traditional military threats have been reduced. A nuclear bomb can't stop a hijacked plane and a WMD can't stop a car bomb.

Are you stupid. You hippies are all the same. Thinking that disarming america will save humanity. Look at russia, china, north korea, middle east, africa and so on all these contries are a danger to humanity. America although no perfect is the only country that make sure everyone else is in line without america and you chaos. You think the war in iraq was wrong but look at suddam killing his people daily but you got some stupid idea war is wrong. This is world we live in.

you are so full of crap obama

Believing themselves evil, America disarms. Weak and defenseless America will go into the world. And the world will take advantage.

As an 18 year member of the military, I would never vote for a presidential candidate who was not a veteran.
    Obama has a charm and charisma that make him likeable and somewhat believable, but just because Hollywood has changed the average Americans view of what makes a good leader, those two traits aren't at the top of the list; not enough for him to get my vote, especially when it comes to defense.
    Of John McCain's many qualities, his notable miltary service have proved him worthy of the task.

agreed, I served 3 years and I am so disgusted with this

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    the United States currently outspends the second highest spender in the realm of military spending by in excess of three times. http://www.sipri.org/contents/milap/milex/mex_major_spenders.pdf

A few budget cuts won't hurt at all.

A few budget cuts won't hurt because we already spend more than other nations?

Gee, that's great logic.

As a side note, military spending has a HUGE economic impact on our country as well. There are countless jobs in the defense industry.

I guess we can keep all of our out-of-work defense workers busy making white flags.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Gee, that's great logic.

As a side note, military spending has a HUGE economic impact on our country as well. There are countless jobs in the defense industry.

I guess we can keep all of our out-of-work defense workers busy making white flags.

+1 :patriot:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Gee, that's great logic.

I wonder why he wants us TOTALLY defenceless. Could it be that he has something in mind for us? Hmmm?
    Sorry, Obama, I will keep mine. MILITIA! WOVERINES!

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    If Obama manages to win the election I believe the first cut should be his Secret Service Agents.. He shouldn't need protection in the freaky fairytale world he lives in.. it's just not worth the money..

:assclown:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    the United States currently outspends the second highest spender in the realm of military spending by in excess of three times. http://www.sipri.org/contents/milap/milex/mex_major_spenders.pdf

A few budget cuts won't hurt at all.

So where does all this savings go? Into more welfare and unemployment because we just lost a large number of jobs?

There is a reason why we spend as we do. We are the most technologically advanced military in the world. The price of freedom is never FREE. These overstretched troops that we have now wouldn't be in such bad shape if Clinton would have not axed 7 Army divisions during his presidency. It also take money to replace equipment that is out of date or just repairs from training.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If Obama manages to win the election I believe the first cut should be his Secret Service Agents.. He shouldn't need protection in the freaky fairytale world he lives in.. it's just not worth the money..

:assclown:

Are you kidding! Obama give up HIS security?! HE has a right to protection. (In fact he might want to expand his protection.)

Top Bottom