• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Razor61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I'm not sure this is the same treaty we were hearing about with Mexico some time back. It sounds like a treaty that has been considered before under Bush (he opposed it), but I'm posting this current article since it appears Obama is trying something new. I debated posting this as I suspect there is some hyperbole here, but in the end I thought it would be better to be paranoid and have it on our radar than to have this slip by unnoticed. If anyone knows more about it please comment.

---

Real Conservatives
    November 11, 2009

Reuters is very reliable
    Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 4:20 PM
    http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...E59E0Q920091015
    Obama Finds Legal Way Around The 2nd. Amendment and Uses It.
    Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56pm EDT Reuters News Service
    The Full Article Here
    Subject: Obama Takes First Step in Banning All Firearms
    On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush’s administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

The Full Article

Josed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Any treaty must be ratified by 2/3 of the Senate before it becomes law. The problem is that some of our senators will vote for it. This definitly includes our very own Dick Lugar who promted the CIFTA treaty.
    Ltes vote the bums out in 2010.:xmad:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Where have you been??? obama-messiah has already banned all firearms and the brownshirts have been around to collect them. You haven't turned your's in yet???

It is against the rules of this site as I understand them for me to post what I truly believe will happen if obama-messiah pulls a back handed firearm ban and attempts confiscation.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    To state what you believe will happen is different from advocating that thing.

As an example, I am quite certain that some, told of these treaties, will merrily hand over any and all newly unlawful items. Others will do so under protest. Some will hide their firearms and deny ownership of them. Some will be arrested and disarmed. Others, I think, will take up arms and use them, and probably die in the process, but they will die free.

I think we will have members of all five groups here on INGO. It is my fervent hope that none of this comes to pass. I will advocate peaceful solutions as long as those are possible.

God willing, there will not be a time when those are no longer possible, because I hope to never see what I think will then happen. I think JFK will be proven correct.

Blessings,
    Bill

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    2/3 of the Senate and I do not think that has a shot in hell right now......It will be hard enough for Universal Medical care let alone Cap and Trade...

then again, I didnt think he had a shot at being elected either...

*** All my guns were lost in a garage sale unbeknownst to me......

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    considering that registration is not required, i would deny ownership and hide in on my property. i can think of a few good places.

would it be more honorable to go down fighting? i dont know. but if i do that. it eliminates the possibility of regrouping and organizing something.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    When you fill out the yellow form, it is not destroyed for 20 years I think.

Either way, mine were sold.
    they might keep track of the sale, but thats not the same as registration, and it would be very easy to claim that it was sold. to the point where i think a majority of people would pull that "trick" and the government would get sick of even trying to enforce it.

the problem then would become getting ammunition. if guns are illegal. how would we be able to buy ammo for the guns we are not supposed to have anymore.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It is against the rules of this site as I understand them for me to post what I truly believe will happen if obama-messiah pulls a back handed firearm ban and attempts confiscation.

Thanks for remembering the rules. Let's be careful of where this conversation goes guys...

Thanks.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I laugh when people say they lost their guns in xxxxxx whatever. :): I have mine. And unless they forcefully take them OR someone robs me, I'll always have mine. :patriot:

Besides, there's no way in hades that our Senate would come up with 2/3rds majority to sign anything that would confiscate our guns. I just don't see it happening unless they stack the deck and commit SERIOUS voter fraud and get away with it.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    considering that registration is not required, i would deny ownership and hide in on my property. i can think of a few good places.

would it be more honorable to go down fighting? i dont know. but if i do that. it eliminates the possibility of regrouping and organizing something.

And this post will be grounds for the search warrant...

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    haven't clicked the link yet, but I start with the premise that most LEO's like lawful gun owners ("lawful" defined broadly as "no threat to them or the public"). So exactly who is going to look really, really hard for my firearms they were stolen?

Basic point is that most LEO's would see the stupidity of such a law, and use their discretion in enforcement, like speeding... 5-10mph over and you're O.K., just don't get stupid.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    when the communists took over eastern Poland in the early days of WWII, one of the first things they did was purge the country of LEO, replacing them with those that swore allegiance to Stalin prior to the beginning of hostilities. they had accumulated all the info on the locations prior to the war.

you can read this in the book below, written by a polish survivor, who spent much of the war in Soviet work camps after witnessing the destruction of his home town. it is a sad and disturbing book, but i recommend it to anyone who is interested in understanding the tactics of the communists. (you can read the first chapter or so free on amazon, but i recommend the buying the book) To those that say it can't happen here, i say they are laying the groundwork right now.

Stolen Childhood: A Saga of Polish War Children
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Childhood-Saga-Polish-Children/dp/0595168639/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258035019&sr=1-1#reader_0595168639"]Amazon.com: Stolen Childhood: A Saga of Polish War Children (9780595168637): Robert Twele, Lucjan Krolikowski: Books[/ame]

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    haven't clicked the link yet, but I start with the premise that most LEO's like lawful gun owners ("lawful" defined broadly as "no threat to them or the public"). So exactly who is going to look really, really hard for my firearms they were stolen?

Basic point is that most LEO's would see the stupidity of such a law, and use their discretion in enforcement, like speeding... 5-10mph over and you're O.K., just don't get stupid.

I wouldn't count on that. As far as I know, in cities where gun ownership is illegal, cops are enforcing the law.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wouldn't count on that. As far as I know, in cities where gun ownership is illegal, cops are enforcing the law.

Exactly. And the fact is that most people who have a job will do what their boss tells them to so not to put their job and life in jeopardy. If the government outlawed all guns and ordered those who owned them to be turned in or confiscated, my money's on them coming to get them. It would be nice to see officers and military do as the Detroit PD did in Robocop, but I really can't see that happening. I'm sure a good number will refuse, but many will do as they're told.

As far as I know, police and federal agents are enforcing unConstitutional laws and regulations everyday, all day long. IF they pass this Health Care bill, and you refuse to buy insurance, do you really think you won't have to pay the price? If you make your AR full-auto, don't you think you'll be arrested by the ATF when they get word of it?

If they outlaw guns, don't think they won't come for yours.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    The thing I would most watch, would be UN joint force practices on a large scale anywhere on this soil. That would be the time I would be most suspicious. I doubt anything would happen the first second or even third time around.

But should they start providing for that, it will become common place until they decide to take a real action.

Top Bottom