• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Speaking of..????

Is his Mother-in-Law still enjoying our Tax $$ by living in the White House also??

You know--a Nanny for their two Daughters and all???

Kind of a different version of "Little House on the Prairie"....OR is that Waltons Mountain????

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Is his Mother-in-Law still enjoying our Tax $$ by living in the White House also??

So, basically, food, and using an otherwise empty bedroom. Why, there's an F-35 down the drain!!!

What of the bill pushed by Gowdy to give GWB, Obama, and all future Presidents life-time Secret Service protection? Carter has none, nor does GHWB or Bill Clinton...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kind of a different version of "Little House on the Prairie"....OR is that Waltons Mountain????

Elivera Doud - Ike's mother in law, and former resident of the White House. Not sure how either women were creating a burden to the tax payers? Eating too much food? Keeping lights on too long? Watching TV until the early morning hours? I got nothing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Her living at the White House doesn't really bother me. His Aunt and Uncle being granted asylum and permanent residency with a green card after dodging deportation for years is a different story.

So, basically, food, and using an otherwise empty bedroom. Why, there's an F-35 down the drain!!!

What of the bill pushed by Gowdy to give GWB, Obama, and all future Presidents life-time Secret Service protection? Carter has none, nor does GHWB or Bill Clinton...

And air fare, hotel, etc when accompanying them on vacations. While probably not a F-35, isn't what I would probably call negligible either. And that doesn't even include all the CO2 that the additional fuel and such, what is the societal/climate cost of that!!!!!

And do you fact check any of the crap you post? Carter has and had lifetime protection, along with Clinton and G. Bush. A bill enacted during Clinton's term reduced the lifetime protection for former presidents to 10 years, but exempted him. G W Bush would have been the first former President since the late '50s to not have it. Personally I think the 10 year limit was more than long enough. If they want protection after that, they can provide it for themselves.

Elivera Doud - Ike's mother in law, and former resident of the White House. Not sure how either women were creating a burden to the tax payers? Eating too much food? Keeping lights on too long? Watching TV until the early morning hours? I got nothing.

Cost to the taxpayers while she accompanied them on vacations and other trips. While the girls were younger, having a nanny to accompany them could be understandable, but now? And I'm sure they had an official, paid caretaker as well, which would negate the need to bring her along.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The MiL doesn't bother me nearly as much as Hillary renting out the Lincoln bedroom for millions in to the Clintons' pockets.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In light of all the damage done to the economy, the military, race relations, and moral norms, the support of old relatives is almost, no correct that, is of no consequence to me.

Influence peddling on the other hand, IS a major issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cost to the taxpayers while she accompanied them on vacations and other trips. While the girls were younger, having a nanny to accompany them could be understandable, but now? And I'm sure they had an official, paid caretaker as well, which would negate the need to bring her along.

I think of all the burdens upon the American taxpayer, citing a widowed old woman, is probably at the bottom of the list.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think of all the burdens upon the American taxpayer, citing a widowed old woman, is probably at the bottom of the list.

While I'll agree that the cost isn't much when factored in with everything else. Is it a cost the American taxpayer should be paying? And I like how you tried to use pity with the "widowed old woman" part.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I'll agree that the cost isn't much when factored in with everything else. Is it a cost the American taxpayer should be paying? And I like how you tried to use pity with the "widowed old woman" part.

Yeah, it IS. It's the White House, not the White "no extended family" House. And throughout our history, there have been several people, not even related to the president that have lived there.....and yet, where were those complaints? The White House has 132 rooms, and 35 bedrooms. It is the president's prerogative to use the White House as his own personal residence, and invite, kick out, throw a party, or let live in it, whomever he wishes...or are you of the opinion that such isn't understood?

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Elivera Doud - Ike's mother in law, and former resident of the White House. Not sure how either women were creating a burden to the tax payers?
    Eating too much food? Keeping lights on too long? Watching TV until the early morning hours? I got nothing.

Well, she was WHITE, so obviously...

/*ducks*

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, it IS. It's the White House, not the White "no extended family" House. And throughout our history, there have been several people, not even related to the president that have lived there.....and yet, where were those complaints? The White House has 132 rooms, and 35 bedrooms. It is the president's prerogative to use the White House as his own personal residence, and invite, kick out, throw a party, or let live in it, whomever he wishes...or are you of the opinion that such isn't understood?

Read my comment up thread, I stated I had no problem with her living there. I agree with you on the White House. My point was the cost of vacations and such that she went on. Did she or the Obama's pay for her hotel, air fare, food, etc while she was in Japan and elsewhere with them? If so, no problem what so ever, if the taxpayers funded it well...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Read my comment up thread, I stated I had no problem with her living there. I agree with you on the White House. My point was the cost of vacations and such that she went on. Did she or the Obama's pay for her hotel, air fare, food, etc while she was in Japan and elsewhere with them? If so, no problem what so ever, if the taxpayers funded it well...

You should check into what expenses presidents have to pay for. A lot of things people think the taxpayers pay, they don't. From food at the White House, to vacations, that stuff isn't on the taxpayer. Look into, I think Nancy Reagan. She was shocked, and complained about all the stuff she thought was on the taxpayer's dime, that wasn't.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If he would repeal obamacare, I would agree to buying 1000 acres of land, building a beautifully appointed estate, and paying the meals and lodging of as many family and friends as he wanted. I'd even throw in a runway, with a private jet. And a 36 hole golf course.

It would cost a pittance compared to the ACA, and have zero effect on my Liberty.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You should check into what expenses presidents have to pay for. A lot of things people think the taxpayers pay, they don't. From food at the White House, to vacations, that stuff isn't on the taxpayer. Look into, I think Nancy Reagan. She was shocked, and complained about all the stuff she thought was on the taxpayer's dime, that wasn't.

I know at least some of the things the President has to pay for, food for personal meals, dry cleaning, personal items, clothing, vacations, etc. They also get a 50k expense account to help cover those things and an additional 100k travel allowance for non official travel. But things like his Japan trip which his mother in law accompanied them on, wasn't a "vacation", it was an official state visit. Along with I'm sure other trips.

No idea about Nancy Reagan, that was a bit before I started really paying attention to politics. I do know that Laura Bush was quite surprised, although I don't recall her complaining about it. iirc She stated something along the lines that it was only right that they pay their personal stuff like any other American family.

Top Bottom