• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    whats he trying to start here? this is like lighting a match next to gasoline

Thats why they are keeping it hush hush. I don't know the details but I probably disagree with most of the dream act.

Now if someone is serving in the military I would like to think thier spouse and children could stay in the country that they are fighting for.:twocents:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Thats why they are keeping it hush hush. I don't know the details but I probably disagree with most of the dream act.

Now if someone is serving in the military I would like to think thier spouse and children could stay in the country that they are fighting for.:twocents:

Maybe someone still serving could answer this better, but military used to help you get your citizenship. Have two friends that went that route. Don't they still do that?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Preserve, Protect and Defend.... this sounds like an impeachable offense to me.

Wouldn't that be awesome, lets stop all this crap about the president being able to do all this stuff on his own unless the nation is in a state of emergency. This is not about the illegal aliens and all about the president stepping over his real abilities. If Clinton can get impeached over that whole afair then surly Obama can be impeached over this.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    whats he trying to start here? this is like lighting a match next to gasoline

It probably just dawned on him that this is almost July, 2011. 2012 is coming too soon for him to deal with this kind of stuff through that pesky bunch of people called Congress. What better way to insure a second term than to welcome in a new host of voters.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Maybe someone still serving could answer this better, but military used to help you get your citizenship. Have two friends that went that route. Don't they still do that?

As of 2008 they did. The paper work would usually come back in 6 months.

It took care of spouse and kids, I don't know about parents or extended family.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    That is what this is all about, the election. His numbers are tanking and he is pulling out all the stops to avoid being another Jimmy Carter! It's a no win for him. The illegals can't vote yet, presumeably, and the economy is just barely puttering along. Unemployment is sky high and he's blown more money in two years than the last three Pres'es combined! He can't win. He will lose on the debt limit also. The only thing he can count on is the far left, the unions (maybe) and the race vote(definitely). He knows he's out soon. The next guy is gonna have a hell of a time undoing all the crap he has tried to pull on us.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That is what this is all about, the election. His numbers are tanking and he is pulling out all the stops to avoid being another Jimmy Carter! It's a no win for him. The illegals can't vote yet, presumeably, and the economy is just barely puttering along. Unemployment is sky high and he's blown more money in two years than the last three Pres'es combined! He can't win. He will lose on the debt limit also. The only thing he can count on is the far left, the unions (maybe) and the race vote(definitely). He knows he's out soon. The next guy is gonna have a hell of a time undoing all the crap he has tried to pull on us.

Everything BHO does between now and November 2012 is campaigning.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I often wonder how these types of Executive Orders are legal? I mean, he specifically told federal employees to disregard Federal Law. Would that just make them (and him) complicit, and possibly co-conspirators?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anybody read the memo? It doesn't give anybody a "free pass." Basically it says that the federal govt is so broke, that it should prioritize illegals to be deported, an lists a series of factors to consider.

For example, If I had room to detain only one illegal for deportation, I'd rather lock of the 23 year old guy with a criminal record, rather than the 50 year old guy who's a migrant worker.
    If we had the money to deport them all, I'd be all for it. But we don't. Let's get the scum out first, and then focus on the other ones.

Read the memo, not the article.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Anybody read the memo? It doesn't give anybody a "free pass." Basically it says that the federal govt is so broke, that it should prioritize illegals to be deported, an lists a series of factors to consider.

For example, If I had room to detain only one illegal for deportation, I'd rather lock of the 23 year old guy with a criminal record, rather than the 50 year old guy who's a migrant worker.
    If we had the money to deport them all, I'd be all for it. But we don't. Let's get the scum out first, and then focus on the other ones.

Read the memo, not the article.

The point isn't the article, the memo, or even the outcome. The point is that the man has made yet another end run around legislative process in order to achieve his ends. We don't have kings here who can rule by edict.

Top Bottom