• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If this doesn't work the taxing will.

As all bills relating to revenue must originate within the House, per Article I, Section 7, clause 1; I really don't see that occurring anytime soon.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Eric Holder will tell Obama whatever he wants to do is legal. Sue him through the SCOTUS to prove otherwise, but it will take a couple years at a minimum, and then a new Liberal judge will be appointed (or they will stall until such time).

I'm telling you people, the only way to keep guns legal is to defeat liberal Democrats in every election. No matter how bad the Republican candidate is, a Liberal is not a viable option. Moderate or conservative Democrats would be fine, except that they don't really exist anymore.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Eric Holder will tell Obama whatever he wants to do is legal. Sue him through the SCOTUS to prove otherwise, but it will take a couple years at a minimum, and then a new Liberal judge will be appointed (or they will stall until such time).

I'm telling you people, the only way to keep guns legal is to defeat liberal Democrats in every election. No matter how bad the Republican candidate is, a Liberal is not a viable option. Moderate or conservative Democrats would be fine, except that they don't really exist anymore.

Republicans are half of the problem

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That would be interesting, have ATF define all semi-auto firearms, and any other firearm by name, as NFA weapons subject to the 1934 National Firearms Act by using the 1968 Gun Control Act as a means to do it.

The interesting thing would be to see how they would try to get everyone into compliance.

Nope, as much as obama-messiah and his henchmen would love to disarm us, I can't see this as a viable option.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    wouldnt the first step to a gun grab be to tax the everloving hell out of them? make them unaffordable.

I think this has already been started, or at least proposed, in Chicago. Who woulda thunk that the liberal test grounds for all the upcoming rules/regulations/laws against citizens would be Chicago? Once it works in one city others will follow. It is going to be an interesting, if we last, next four years.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    wouldnt the first step to a gun grab be to tax the everloving hell out of them? make them unaffordable.

A sales tax would only apply to new guns. Democrats(if they are honest about it) want to ban all guns for us lowly citizens. Besides, a tax would probably not eliminate guns fast enough for our President. :xmad:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, this ought to be an interesting next 4 years. We know BHO's opinion of private gun ownership, we know he's promised to work under the radar, we know the types of "mainstream" court justices he appoints, we know F&F was hatched under his administration and he hasn't had to pay a price for it yet--nah, there's nothing to indicate anything like this could be on the "drawing board".:roll eyes:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As all bills relating to revenue must originate within the House, per Article I, Section 7, clause 1; I really don't see that occurring anytime soon.

Kind of like Obamacare?

One thing the Supreme Court seems to NOT want to do, is tell Congress how to do its job. If a tax bill starts in the Senate, or the White House, and one way or another it goes through, even with extremely shady means, they AREN'T going to overturn it. Rest assured.

Top Bottom