• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So let me get this straight, King Obama can just arbitrarily decide to change a law on a whim. What am I missing here?
    Well, he'd certainly like to, but I can't see how congress doesn't get the ball dropped in their lap on this one. Unless something is written into the law that might allow the Secretary of HHS to do it, (which it could be).

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Depending on the veracity of this one, this may have had something to do with his turnabout.

Democrats Issue Ultimatum to Obama: 72 hours to respond or we deal with the GOP | The Libertarian Republic

I'm still not sure that the insurance companies CAN do anything, except what they're currently doing. They are mandated to follow the law, and that's what they're doing. Until congress changes the law the companies are kinda stuck between what consumers and Obama want and what they were promised.

Convenient for the king eh? Unreal. Sorry for giving you Shiite in a thread awhile back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, he'd certainly like to, but I can't see how congress doesn't get the ball dropped in their lap on this one. Unless something is written into the law that might allow the Secretary of HHS to do it, (which it could be).

Frankly, I don't see why the insurance companies would risk it. Essentially the president is telling them to break the law.

But already there's a state insurance commissioner that's not going to allow it.

State insurance commissioner rejects Obama?s proposal to extend canceled policies | HealthCare Checkup | Seattle Times

Damn red state right wing wackos trying to overstep the great and powerful Obama.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He can't change an act of Congress affecting interstate commerce, by decree. This nothing more than a narcissist trying to save face, and in his delusions of grandeur thinking he can just say something and have it happen.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whatever he says or does (or tries to do) it's all about 2014 elections. I will be amazed if he has any loyalists in the house come October.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I fear that the people who have had their policies canceled by the insurance companies are going to stay canceled. The ins. companies have no incentive to take them back. Our Supreme Commander is doing too little, too late.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I probably sound dickish for saying it, but the country needs a big WTF moment/wake-up like what is happening with this. Until a large number of people get the screws put to them, the status quo will continue.

Give people comfortability and nothing changes. Give people reason to be uncomfortable and then maybe...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    He's doing this so he can dump it back in the Insurance Companies lap. The insurance companies know this and issued a WTF statement right after the speach. I have 0 hope that anyone will remember this next november...They'll punt it out past the election and then deal with it right after next November....try to get it out of hte way a year or so before the big election. People have a short memory...especially the lemmings that vote for this type of politician.

I have a couple of HS friends on FB that were pro-ACA due to their insurance going way up before. I haven't heard anything from them about how its saving them money and 'I told you so' yet.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    No worries guys Obama is going to let you keep your insurance policy for another year. You should be thanking him.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Please remember, folks. We were told we had to pass it to see what was in it. Now that we know what is in it, no one wants it. Fools voted for a pig in a poke.

Is anyone with sense surprised?

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's a "Pretend fix" but that's OK, the empty headed Obama supporters won't know the difference and it's in keeping with Obama's "Pretend to lead" management style. If he waits a few months to roll out another "Pretend fix" we will be in another round of Government Shutdowns and he can blame the Republicans, the left wing media will love that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So he did it but doesn't really have the power to do what he did. What are the Repubs going to do about it? Be the ones seen by the public as fighting to force Obamacare on us?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I doubt the insurance companies can turn on a dime that small. This is a political ploy to shift the as much blame as possible from BGO to the insurance companies. Obama knows his baby is in trouble and he knows if he can shift the burden to a bipartisan disliked target, he can turn the heat down and then blame the heartless companies for not letting people keep the policies he promised we'd be able to keep in the first place.

From a sheer political point of view, it may not be a bad strategy. Now let's see what, if anything the opposition can do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I bet the GOP does not take advantage of this like they should

I'm not sure what they should take advantage of, but they certainly should not allow the President to set the precedent where the executive branch can change legislation.

RedSox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Camby
    He has already changed the law by Fiat by changing the employer mandate and no one called him on it...
    So he will keep changing it until the private insurers are gone, Which the whole point of this.

Top Bottom