• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I did think the verticle concept was appropriate since thats's how you handle them. I also liked the Sacajewea(?) bill. Maybe not the color though. I also thought that the feds wanted to get rid of the paper $1 for the $1 coins because they were cheaper in the long run.

Glockster1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    I don't think we have to worry about seeing the Big O on our money anytime soon. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be dead before you can be put on our money. I remember reading something about the Presidential Dollar coins and the article stating that when we get down to the living ex-presidents, the mint will have to wait until they are deceased before they can issue them.

You are correct!!!!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I don't think we have to worry about seeing the Big O on our money anytime soon. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be dead before you can be put on our money. I remember reading something about the Presidential Dollar coins and the article stating that when we get down to the living ex-presidents, the mint will have to wait until they are deceased before they can issue them.

Correct. same applies to circulating currency and coins and now the Presidential series.

According to the Presidential coin act of 2005....

‘‘(E) LIMITATION IN SERIES TO DECEASED PRESIDENTS.— No coin issued under this subsection may bear the image of a living former or current President, or of any deceased former President during the 2-year period following the date of the death of that President.

From what I understand, living persons can only be placed on commemorative, collector coins and medals.

Top Bottom