Jan 28, 2010
    20100412_ekagan_250x375.jpg

sweeneypat.jpg

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Despite the fact that I am of the liberal persuasian and an Obama fan, I wish he would have appointed someone from the Federal bench with some judicial experience under his/her belt.

George H.W. Bush appointed Clarence Thomas after only one year on the Federal bench. Even that was too little judicial experience, in my opinion.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Having a lack of judicial experience doesn't bother me that much. It is more the reason for the lack that bothers me. Ever since Bork got smeared, they want to avoid people with a paper trail. I wouldn't mind having a true Constitutional expert from a law school, IF he/she loved it as written and believed the SCOTUS should adhere to the true meaning.

LMW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Griffith, IN
    Also, I really don't like how she tried to keep military recruiters off campus. As a college graduate, and a member of a family where all, excluding myself, have served in the military, I think it is wrong to bar recruiters from college campuses. Military recruiters are trying to get some of the best educated individuals to serve their country and apply that education for the protection of the United States, and towards leading men and women in uniform. I really don't like her views on that.

:yesway: Bravo!! As a college graduate, who enlisted after graduation, then went to Officer Candidate School, I could say from experience that everyone should be aware of the opporunities that the military has to offer (and the great service that they have to offer to the military) for college grads.

Top Bottom