Obama pledges $1bn to nato deployments in Europe.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Other than spending cash we don't have as a nation, to fund another undeclared war in a nation we have no reason to be in, not really.

Haven't we learned yet not to get involved with other nations civil wars?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have repeatedly heard that our President was a Constitutional scholar. I have yet to see any evidence to support that.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    I just don't understand why we're building this one up. It seems like asking for WWIII with nothing to gain. Maybe I'm searching for reason where there is none. I feel like this commitment is something we should be protesting, and am bothered by the way it seems to be hidden by the media (as if that's something new). All I see in us news is Bergdahl and other look over here stories. I feel like I'm being surrounded more and more by people who just want to ignore the problems, and when it comes down to it I don't know what to do. I've voted and I've shared what else can you do when your watching your nation destroy itself? Sigh, ok I'm done venting, breaks over, back to work.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    This commitment does seem to need congressional approval, so maybe a few calls and e-mails could reverse it. Our representatives here in Indiana have been pro sanctions against Russia so I see no reason they would oppose this.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As much as I would like to leave it to the Europeans to deal with, the world is getting smaller all the time. Nothing happens in a vacuum and Putin expansionist tendencies will have repercussions for us sooner or later.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The current POTUS doesn't believe in, nor adheres to, the U.S. Consitution. For him, the Constitution is a 'problem' that prevents him from doing whatever he REALLY wants.

Anyone think about WHY the Liar-In-Chief would turn loose the 5 worst terrorists ever held at GITMO in 'trade' for a man he KNEW was a deserter (possibly a defector) and knowing those 5 would, without a doubt, return back to the 'battlefield against the Infidels' as soon as possible? And, as well all know, repeatedly take other specific actions that might be perceived as 'anti-American'?

WHY would the current POTUS pledge $1 billion to some foreign nation, when he refuses to participate in the actual defense of that nation, at a time he also knows that same $1 billion would better serve the U.S. being spent on... something (roads, job enhancements, whatever)?

Just some 'curiosities' to ponder...

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I have repeatedly heard that our President was a Constitutional scholar. I have yet to see any evidence to support that.

Yeah, Scalia is supposed to be an expert on ConLaw too, but we've all seen what that gets us. :dunno:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The current POTUS doesn't believe in, nor adheres to, the U.S. Consitution. For him, the Constitution is a 'problem' that prevents him from doing whatever he REALLY wants.

Anyone think about WHY the Liar-In-Chief would turn loose the 5 worst terrorists ever held at GITMO in 'trade' for a man he KNEW was a deserter (possibly a defector) and knowing those 5 would, without a doubt, return back to the 'battlefield against the Infidels' as soon as possible? And, as well all know, repeatedly take other specific actions that might be perceived as 'anti-American'?

WHY would the current POTUS pledge $1 billion to some foreign nation, when he refuses to participate in the actual defense of that nation, at a time he also knows that same $1 billion would better serve the U.S. [STRIKE]being spent on... something (roads, job enhancements, whatever)?[/STRIKE] by returning it to its rightful owners, the tax payers

Just some 'curiosities' to ponder...

FIFY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    As much as I would like to leave it to the Europeans to deal with, the world is getting smaller all the time. Nothing happens in a vacuum and Putin expansionist tendencies will have repercussions for us sooner or later.

True, but the problem is that we've basically been Europe's military fund since the Cold War and it's cutting into our domestic pocketbook. They need to step up and defend their own crap, or else all our spending isn't going to be worth much when they fold like a lawn chair.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    He needs to stop giving away our tax dollars, when our government can't even pay it's bills. Not to mention our infrastructure is breaking down slowly and needs money to upkeep. If he's really all about the children how about they fully fund schools!!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    He needs to stop giving away our tax dollars, when our government can't even pay it's bills. Not to mention our infrastructure is breaking down slowly and needs money to upkeep. If he's really all about the children how about they fully fund schools!!

I don't think we need more money thrown at the DOE. I'd rather have my money back.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I don't think we need more money thrown at the DOE. I'd rather have my money back.

I'm not talking the DOE particularly, I'm talking about every school. High school, Elementary etc.. We pay taxes to the schools per city / state, yet we have to turn around cut box tops to help the schools have enough money for paper throughout the year.

I can easily rant on and on about this and many more topics that are in some way or another connected, Point being education is more important, and shows that his motive of "for the children" is nothing more than another lie.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm not talking the DOE particularly, I'm talking about every school. High school, Elementary etc.. We pay taxes to the schools per city / state, yet we have to turn around cut box tops to help the schools have enough money for paper throughout the year.

I can easily rant on and on about this and many more topics that are in some way or another connected, Point being education is more important, and shows that his motive of "for the children" is nothing more than another lie.

I get it. I paid over $25k in taxes last year and the year before and the year before. Imagine what I could do for my children with that money back. I'm just sick of .gov spending a billion in anything really.

Not it to drag this off topic. I'll say that I don't want to be a contributor to funding more wars with my tax dollars.

Top Bottom