• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I am truly shocked this hasn't already been posted, maybe I just missed it?
    The left wing base has got to be going spastic over this!
    I am sure this will NEVER be misused, especially by this administration!

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

President Obama has signed a one-year extension of several provisions in the main U.S. counterterrorism law, the Patriot Act.

Provisions in the measure would have expired on Sunday without Obama's signature Saturday.

The act, which was adopted in the weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, expands the government's ability to monitor Americans in the name of national security.

Three sections of the Patriot Act that stay in force will:

--Authorize court-approved roving wiretaps that permit surveillance on multiple phones.

--Allow court-approved seizure of records and property in anti-terrorism operations.

--Permit surveillance against a so-called lone wolf, a non-U.S. citizen engaged in terrorism who may not be part of a recognized terrorist group.

Obama's signature comes after the House voted 315 to 97 Thursday to extend the measure.

The Senate also approved the measure, with privacy protections cast aside when Senate Democrats lacked the necessary 60-vote supermajority to pass them.
    Thrown away were restrictions and greater scrutiny on the government's authority to spy on Americans and seize their records.

Obama signs Patriot Act extensions - Washington Times

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Democrats hated the patriot act because they didn't have control of it. It's like a sports car: you mock the guy who has one until you drive one yourself, then you realize how much fun it is to drive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It just gives the President more ability to protect us from the enemy. Bush could not be trusted with it but Obama can.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It just gives the President more ability to protect us from the enemy. Bush could not be trusted with it but Obama can.

i dont know if i should laugh at what you just said, or be scared that people actualy believe what you said. maybe both.

i dont care if you give a NUN unlimited power, they will become corrupt. The patriot act eliminates a lot of checks and balances, and that is scarey!

All governments and religions use fear to take away the freedoms of the people in them. dumb people in this country gave hard faught for freedoms away at the stroke of a pen just so they could feel a false sense of security. the patriot act doesnt do any good against terrorist who wanna kill you. all it did was push them further under ground into com blackouts and take away our rights. stupid Americans!!! i say that as an American, but an ashamed one at what we gave away for nothing.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield

Trolling_drawing.jpg

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I posted about this yesterday. I'll ask again, does anyone know where you can read the Patriot Act "Word for Word". It's like a big secret, it would seem. I can't find it any where. Im not looking for a wikipedia version. The real bill. Just curious what all it contains.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhamh_vwS0k[/ame]

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

I wasted all my rep giving out good rep could somebody please leave this fine poster some negative for me?

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a little neg rep today!!:D

You should really see some of his other post to go look at his stats, very interesting. I do believe somebody let in an ANTI..

trollspray.jpg

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I posted about this yesterday. I'll ask again, does anyone know where you can read the Patriot Act "Word for Word". It's like a big secret, it would seem. I can't find it any where. Im not looking for a wikipedia version. The real bill. Just curious what all it contains.

YouTube - DOJ snatches another teen under Patriot Act!

Here is the link to the original H. R. 3162 October 2001 bill, it is MASSIVE.
    Word for word, and then more words!
    I can't read it all, my head would explode.

USA PATRIOT Act (H.R. 3162)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

Wikileaks.org had it, but right now the main page just lists time-sensitive files.
    They also have about two thousand or so Congressional Research Services reports, which are prepared for the Congress, all sorts of documents.... great site.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

This kids abduction is nothing compared to the horrors that took place immediately after the signing of the act Oct. of 2001. People disappeared for MONTHS...

Top Bottom