because bush was a great look for us.

You might have something there.

bush-booboo.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He's a sissy. My daughter (now 26) played ice hockey as a kid. At 12 she was tripped and fell suffering an inch long gash in her chin. She cried and wanted to go home and quit playing hockey forever. Instead I took her to the locker room, fashioned some butterfly bandaids out of hockey tape, and made her finish the game. Her first shift back, still crying, she scored her first goal of the season. They won 1-0.

When she got home, blood covered jersey and all, she proudly proclaimed she scored the game winning goal. When her mom asked what happened, she said "I fell. Daddy fixed it so I could win the game". I'll never forget her words. It still brings a smile to my face.

That was a life changing event for her. She learned that winners finish the game. Losers quit. It's a lesson she's passing on to my grandson.

Sorry for the thread jack. That story just came to mind and I felt like sharing. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    He's a sissy. My daughter (now 26) played ice hockey as a kid. At 12 she was tripped and fell suffering an inch long gash in her chin. She cried and wanted to go home and quit playing hockey forever. Instead I took her to the locker room, fashioned some butterfly bandaids out of hockey tape, and made her finish the game. Her first shift back, still crying, she scored her first goal of the season. They won 1-0.

This story definitely deserves an...

awesome1_display.jpg

Great way to improvise, overcome, and adapt a field expedient battle dressing! Gunny Highway would approve!

gunny+highway.jpg

Top Bottom