• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bskurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "President Barack Obama will announce this week a new aid plan for the Middle East and North Africa that U.S. officials say will be far bolder than previous American economic assistance to the region."

What they H&*). I thought we were broke. Now we want to throw even more money (that we don't have) towards nations that hate us? What gives?

I also hear we are going to forgive their debts. Will the Chinese forgive ours?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense at all. That is why they should not raise the debt limit. It is the closest thing to a balanced budget amendment that we can get.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We and others have been providing aid for many years, and still there are poor people who are starving. When are people of this country going to understand that throwing money at a problem doesn't always make it go away, and especially supplying aid to poor nations hasn't changed the fact that they are still poor, and can't feed themselves, or take care of themselves.

But on top of the stupidity, the bleeding hearts don't want to admit that the tons of money that we have given as aid usually winds up in the hands of the ruling elite and not the poor hungry people that the TV likes to show.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Another example of why they continue to scare people about having to raise the debt ceiling. We have money to make the payments our CURRENT debt, they need the ceiling raised so they can continue their deficit spending.

Sorry, but I will NEVER refuse to believe anything other than this is a plan to purposely destroy the United States economy, and our standing as a economic superpower. NONE of this can be explained away as just plain stupidity.:n00b:

Sorry world, we have our own problems to deal with. Learn to figure out YOUR'S on your own.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    We should send a trillion dollars to Mars for infrastructure too. If there are aliens there, they'll come out and take the money and put those dollars to good use. If not, who cares, it's just a trillion dollars. :n00b:

Maybe our government thinks that if they flood the world with dollars, people will continue using them to buy stuff. I'm so tired of being robbed though.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Where are all the Obama bumper stickers now?

He'd be hard pressed to beat Bush's record for African aid. That was hundreds of millions more than we'd ever sent over there in the past.

He wasnt talking about Bush he was talking about the incredible financial crisis we are in now. Obama is worthless and everyone knows it. I said it years ago, yes even under Bush. We should only give money away when we have a surplus. Period. End.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like we are going to throw our long time allies, the Israelis, to the dogs. He is ordering them to move back to 67 borders and get nothing in return.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Sounds like we are going to throw our long time allies, the Israelis, to the dogs. He is ordering them to move back to 67 borders and get nothing in return.

I half-expect him to issue an EO redrawing our southern border, giving back large tracks of U.S. land that he believes was "stolen" from Meheko.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

To their credit, Israel reacted well considering the utter ridiculousness of the request. My response would have been something like "Sure, let us know when you decide to cede most of the East Coast to England and much of your Southern border to Mexico. Good gosh you are a freaking idiot." They were much more formal about it.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This is good, he just blew up his whole reelection campaign. He'll never get enough money to buy the presidency...I mean, fiance a credible campaign now. He and the whole UN can say and resolute all day all they want, it doesn't mean anything and they know it. It's Israels' to give or not. Having a whole bunch of people who need to stay out of it come together and say,"We've talked it over, without you in the room, and we decided that you should give up your land and get nothening in return so our stocks go up," is as bunny-brained as it gets. If they really want to do some good, which they don't, they should be working on Africa. But nooooo, thats too hard.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    10-1-10-obama-stabs-israel-in-the-back.bmp

Top Bottom