• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Actually the roads appear to be worse than they were a couple years ago. I'm sick of the roads being rebuilt only to have them crumbling again before the grand re-opening. The repair work is shoddy at best and requires repair again within 10 years.

Hey... at least this time it a mere $50 billion... that should boost the economy. LMAO

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    and i am willing to bet this will only help the unions that have obama in there pockets. Where i ask you is the help for the common non union man.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Yep...Unions get 75% of the money, you get 25% better roads...He was just telling the state of Minesota this to show he's helping them, mostly union friendly crowd...won't take effect for over a year, will cost twice as much, probably won't be approved by congress...still nothing for the common man..Radicals are crazy about getting power over people, but when they get it, they haven't a clue how to rule.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Wanna bet they tell Indiana that the constant rebuilding of 465 isn't good enough and the whole road will have to be torn down and rebuilt to "federal standards"!!!!!

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    and i am willing to bet this will only help the unions that have obama in there pockets. Where i ask you is the help for the common non union man.

There was an editorial today in the local newspaper, which was written by the State president of the AFL-CIO who said these construction projects would help put people back to work.

Let's see:
    Government funds the work
    Union contractors only get the work
    Union members pay dues -> unions get more money
    Union management spends money on elections
    Taxpayers pay for everything. Over & over & over. And... get crappy roads that continually have to be rebuilt, thereby starting the chain of events all over again.

I think the common union member and general population is getting shafted.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this is his political way to claim he created jobs before the november elections. and also show he generated revenue for the ecconomy.

I think that infrastructure spending is a smart thing. I just wonder when our politicians are gonna stop trying to get credit or a pat on the back for doing their damn jobs?
    also I wonder when the people are gonna stop sending them back to work when they dont do their damn jobs?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just had my driveway redone at the reasonable cost of $200,000. I know it seems like a lot, but you must realize that I gave 3 crackheads, 2 felons, 20 illegals and 1 fat girl jobs that would not have had work otherwise. My work here is done....till I save $525,000 for a new roof (35squares).

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    our "american pride" went out the window long ago when we started buying more than we were making.......made in america is about as antique as the model T......This whole BS infa crap was tried before.....cash for caulkers ring a bell........BTW hes already blaming republicans for our economy......last time i checked the dems have majority.....they pushed HC through so fast i did even get to sit down for a bite of the big sandwitch...........SOOOO its the GOPs fault......its everyone elses fault BUT his........... I bet obama and mitch would get along....btw as far as taxes go........there not goin to anyone BUT law makers school board members and everyone else thats not hard working....time to quit my job live off the gubment and make meth......WOOOOOOOOO now im an obama lovin american.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    I'm fine with investing in our country's infrastructure(at least there will be something leftover when all is said and done) The problem I have is how to pay for it. These types of expenditures ARE necesary, but what's even MORE necesary in my opinion is cutting all the entitlements so that we can afford these types of expenditures.

Medicare, Medicaid, Soc. Security, etc.

I don't believe anyone deserves free healthcare from tax payers UNLESS, you served in the military and then it should be free for life!

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I don't believe anyone deserves free healthcare from tax payers UNLESS, you served in the military and then it should be free for life!

I would agree if they served in a theater. No desk jockeys. Sorry, but when your life is actually on the line in defense of this country it deserves the respect. Heck... the corrupt cowards on the hill get lifetime coverage after serving a full term. GRRRRR

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    The highway bill for 2005-2009 (4 years) was $283 billion, so that's around $70 billion a year we are used to spending on our surface transportation program. They need to pass a regular highway bill first before you can call the Big O's "son of stimulus" over and above regular levels of recent spending.

Even given that amount of money, we have still let our roads and bridges deteriorate to the point that they need major investment to bring up to acceptable levels. The ARRA (stimulus) was touted as an investment in infrastructure, but only roughly $36 of the $500+ billion found its way into our nation's surface transportation system. Most went to wasteful pork projects.

There is a fuel tax, but the last time it was raised by the Demo's ('93), they took a lethal beating at the polls in the midterms if I recall. Both parties learned their lesson on that one...
    gastax300x237.jpg

We do need investment in our infrastructure...even the elites know that you can't maintain the empire if no one can get around...but see their priorities...spend all the money saving the bankers first.

I'm not saying that I'm in favor of additional gov't spending...just pointing out that when you neglect your infrastructure for as long as we have, that you will still have to pay for it...one way or another.

I think one solution would be to bring back Lincoln's "greenback" - non-debt based currency for transporation projects for a limited time (given certain restraints).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    This second stimulus is nothing more than a kickback to the unions and the voters they control. It is vote buying in its basest form. Union firms get the infastructure work thereby employing union workers, not regular average Americans, who in turn toe the union line come November cause they got paid and kept their jobs. Where do you think unions get the hundreds of millions of dollars they spend on elections? Taxpayer money just keeps recircultiong to fund the Dems over and over again!

Top Bottom