• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The problem with finding a source latley is that nobody is reporting on this bill it is hidden in. You can find links to it and what's in the bill but, for an actual "news" link they're are really hard to find. (I just did a quick search in google and no major news orgs. cam up with results.) This isn't necessarily if everything that is said is true or not. It's the president, Government and the damn U.N. having to much power than what is Constitutionally allowed, actually according to our Constitution the U.N. shouldn't be able to "inform" us on what is best to do for our country or to others.

SamAdams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Indiana
    I just read through this treaty and see nothing about Obama ceding the sovereignty of the United States. I read this document as stating that the included parties agree to commit to climate change reduction techniques and to providing funds toward a common "pot" in order to provide incentives to developing countries to also commit to these techniques. While I don't agree with this treaty in regards to the U.S. making unnecessary commitments and providing funds toward other nations, I don't see anything that talks about a single world government. The quote posted in the OP is referring to "government" as simply a governing body for this committee, not as an all-powerful, single world government. Again, I don't agree with the U.S. committing to this plan, but it hardly means we're ceding our sovereignty. I think you have to make quite a leap to come to that conclusion from this document.

(a) The government (governing body of the committee) will be ruled by the COP (Convention of Parties, i.e US, UK, France, etc.) with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate. The rest is simply explaining how the committee will be structured.

Pump the brakes...
    <sigh> THINK! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SOVEREIGNTY MEANS??? No wonder we are in the mess we're in.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    <sigh> THINK! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SOVEREIGNTY MEANS??? No wonder we are in the mess we're in.

I'm sorry but pretentiousness toward those who don't agree doesn't persuade me.

Since I'm obviously of lesser intelligence, why don't you explain to me (citing specific facts rather than more links to other people's opinions, snowball theories, or more quotes taken out of context) exactly why you believe what you believe in regard to this subject. Maybe I'll learn something!

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I was glad to see it covered on Glenn Beck, but I didn't really like the coverage. It seemed like Bolton and Glenn were ganging up on Mockton a little. Bolton said not to worry about it because the senate would never ratify it. I am sorry does anyone really have faith in the senate. Also we are in a National Emergency right now. That means the Obama has great powers. He can suspend elections and congress right now if he wants to. Whats to stop him from signing this treaty and then suspending congresses power to over rule the treaty.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was glad to see it covered on Glenn Beck, but I didn't really like the coverage. It seemed like Bolton and Glenn were ganging up on Mockton a little. Bolton said not to worry about it because the senate would never ratify it. I am sorry does anyone really have faith in the senate. Also we are in a National Emergency right now. That means the Obama has great powers. He can suspend elections and congress right now if he wants to. Whats to stop him from signing this treaty and then suspending congresses power to over rule the treaty.

You make good points, but I, too, don't see Congress ratifying this. It would be an event to turn this Country upside down and I think they know that.

As for obamatard doing something like suspending elections and Congress, I'm thinking he's gonna wait to do that for a more important, opportune time. I doubt he'd do it for something petty as this. Especially in this volatile state this Country is in.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009

What just what? I need the US code that this national emergency falls under, and I need some executive order # or congressional bill or some white house press release that states we are under a national emergency.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    ^^^ wtf. It's a health national emergency. The video says they can do away with some medicare, medicaid, and federal requirements as related to distribution of vaccines. They can only do so much within the confines of the law. You actually have to show some evidence that the law is being violated to make an argument...

That's not a national emergency where they can send troops in, declare martial law, or whatever you are saying. This is what you said:
    Also we are in a National Emergency right now. That means the Obama has great powers. He can suspend elections and congress right now if he wants to. Whats to stop him from signing this treaty and then suspending congresses power to over rule the treaty.
    The video even says they don't even know what this declaration entails or implies.

Is the understanding of how the government works so lacking these days?

Secondly, this is an old video dude. There's no H1N1 crisis now.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

From where, exactly, does the supposed authority to suspend elections and congress come? I can't seem to find that in the Constitution. The closest to any such authority is

"he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper;"
    But note that "in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment."

And there is nothing in there about suspending elections.

He might try to do so--after all, the various branches of the Government have grabbed power not granted to them in the Constitution before--but I can't imagine anything that would more certainly trigger That Which We Do Not Discuss Here than an attempt to suspend elections and Congress.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I had heard something about this from other people on the internets, but having not seen a copy of the Copenhagen Treaty, I'd really have to look it over to see precisely what it entails... Specifically the relevant paragraphs to see if they do, in fact, describe a new system of mandatory international governance (because we all realize JUST how effective the voluntary United Nations are), or whether it's just poorly-phrased and thus maybe conflated to that level of severity. I'm going to see if I can find anything on Wikileaks....

From where, exactly, does the supposed authority to suspend elections and congress come? I can't seem to find that in the Constitution. The closest to any such authority is

But note that "in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment."

And there is nothing in there about suspending elections.

He might try to do so--after all, the various branches of the Government have grabbed power not granted to them in the Constitution before--but I can't imagine anything that would more certainly trigger That Which We Do Not Discuss Here than an attempt to suspend elections and Congress.

There's NOTHING in the Constitution of these United States of America to allow the President to establish martial law - but there IS according to the National Emergencies Act - declaring national emergency allows the Executive to, temporarily (up to two years) suspend the rights of habeas corpus, as well as the rights denoted under the Sixth Amendment (the right to an indictment by a grand jury). While, granted, these are not the most beloved of our rights, they are just as vital... without habeas corpus, our entire system of detention and justice is reduced to pretty much martial law - if you've no ability to challenge why you've been arrested, imprisoned, or otherwise "detained," then that ought be alarming to any Citizen residing from Maine to New Mexico.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    ^^^ wtf. It's a health national emergency. The video says they can do away with some medicare, medicaid, and federal requirements as related to distribution of vaccines. They can only do so much within the confines of the law. You actually have to show some evidence that the law is being violated to make an argument...

That's not a national emergency where they can send troops in, declare martial law, or whatever you are saying. This is what you said:
    The video even says they don't even know what this declaration entails or implies.

Is the understanding of how the government works so lacking these days?

Secondly, this is an old video dude. There's no H1N1 crisis now.

First, there never has been an H1N1 crisis, except as portrayed in propaganda, especially from the federal government.

Second, it was a "National Health Emergency", and was upgraded to a "National Emergency" on Friday, October 23. There is a huge difference, procedurally speaking.

Now, does this necessarily mean that the fact that martial law is about to be declared? Of course not.

Could it be Obama's intent? Maybe, that is between him and the Lord (whether he believes in Him or not).

Does the declaration of a "National Emergency" open the door to a possible declaration of "martial law"? Absolutely. Whatever the attending details or intent, declaration of any "National Emergency" by any president, no matter the party, should raise red flags and produce a high level of scrutiny from anyone who believes that the Constitution should be followed, imperfect though it may be.

Don't believe me, and certainly don't blindly believe the media, especially on just one or two reports. Do some independent research; the truth is out there.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had heard something about this from other people on the internets, but having not seen a copy of the Copenhagen Treaty, I'd really have to look it over to see precisely what it entails... Specifically the relevant paragraphs to see if they do, in fact, describe a new system of mandatory international governance (because we all realize JUST how effective the voluntary United Nations are), or whether it's just poorly-phrased and thus maybe conflated to that level of severity. I'm going to see if I can find anything on Wikileaks....

The treaty and links to it have been quoted early in the thread I believe. I even quoted many questionable points in the first 10 pages.

The treaty doesn't come out and spell out a NWO, but it does open the door and is a major step for one. Mockton Clearly said so on Glenn Beck's program the other day. It's a severe threat to our sovereignty by telling us how and where to spend and send our money. It tells us how to run our industries and what is and is not allowed. How? By making us reduce our carbon emissions and telling us to shut down all our coal fired and gas powered power plants.

You have to see the inherent dangers here. If you cannot, I cannot help you.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    You guys know the most damaging power grab was by the Bush white house?

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's right. Bush said he can take over the entire government in the event of an emergency. Until you show me Obama has done something or made a directive more abusive than that, I'm not going to be worried. Scaremongering and demogogery, is there anything else new?

The national emergencies act does not give power to the president, it restricts their power by limiting national emergencies to 2 years.

The constitution gives the power to suspend habeas corpus.
    The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.
    Fortunately there has been a lot of case law by the US supreme court limiting the president in when he can do such a suspension.

The most recent case of martial law or something similar being declared was during hurricane Katrina. Who's watch was that?
    Martial law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you think he's going to do something bad, back it up with evidence. Has he been mobilizing national guard troops to take over the capitol or state government buildings? Has he arrested or detained the congress or the supreme court? How about something smaller. Anything. Please.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom