OBAMA: You can put lipstick on a pig . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would like to point out that John McCain used this same addage against the Hillary campaign before party nominations were held. It was not directed at Sarah Palin. Obama was referring to the similarities in policy between Bush and McCain.

I agree. It is bad timing on Obama's part and the audience certainly took it the way it is being portrayed, whether Obama got it or not. As I have stated from the get go with him, he does not do well unless scripted. I have followed him from the beginning of his Senate race in Illinois since I used to live there and my family is still there. Let me state that I am not an Obama fan.

I am curious about something though. The gun owners on INGO can't all be in the McCain camp, can they? I think the majority are due to the 2nd stance that Obama and the left has displayed in the past, but I still wonder? Would they get flamed by posters if they said they were for him?

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    I agree. It is bad timing on Obama's part and the audience certainly took it the way it is being portrayed, whether Obama got it or not. As I have stated from the get go with him, he does not do well unless scripted. I have followed him from the beginning of his Senate race in Illinois since I used to live there and my family is still there. Let me state that I am not an Obama fan.

I am curious about something though. The gun owners on INGO can't all be in the McCain camp, can they? I think the majority are due to the 2nd stance that Obama and the left has displayed in the past, but I still wonder? Would they get flamed by posters if they said they were for him?

I kinda did, and I don't even live in IN...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This should clear some things up. Obama accuses McCain campaign of 'lies' - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com. Its like I said before, that line was not a smear directed at Palin.

Well the Wall Street Journal says exactly the opposite thing that MSNBC says so why should I believe MSNBC?

Further MSNBC fired 2 of its news anchors this week because they were so biased toward Obama in their reporting that Sam Donaldson looks like a conservative.

Further MSNBC has been parodies by Saturday Night Live (and they are owned by the same parent company) because it is so biased in its reporting.

Sorry, but MSNBC has no journalistic credibility as an unbiased source when it is clearly in the tank for Obama.
    :twocents:

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    That's good, Illinois has great gun laws for you to enjoy ;) firearms ownership

Lol its cool, I only have to be there three months out of the year anyway. And I think last summer may have been my last in IL. However, apparently 9 months out of the year isn't good enough to make me an IN resident... Check my FFL nightmare thread for more info

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I really dont think obama meant it to be about Palin. The crowd on the other hand took it that way.

Yes and no, the crowd took it that way and Obama knows what
    his crowds like to hear.
    He just keeps saying these things off the cuff and comes back later
    to say that's not what he meant.

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Well the Wall Street Journal says exactly the opposite thing that MSNBC says so why should I believe MSNBC?

Further MSNBC fired 2 of its news anchors this week because they were so biased toward Obama in their reporting that Sam Donaldson looks like a conservative.

Further MSNBC has been parodies by Saturday Night Live (and they are owned by the same parent company) because it is so biased in its reporting.

Sorry, but MSNBC has no journalistic credibility as an unbiased source when it is clearly in the tank for Obama.
    :twocents:

They weren't fired. They were demoted to keep them from skewing the election coverage. And I could say the same about FOX News... But just for the record http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122105857610019491.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news/
    if you'll only read the Wall Street Journal, then there you go.

Last edited:

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    They weren't fired. They were demoted to keep them from skewing the election coverage. And I could say the same about FOX News...

I disagree. I think FOX is fair. They might lean a tad to the right sometimes, but the rest of the media leaning way left with MSNBC leading the way

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes and no, the crowd took it that way and Obama knows what
    his crowds like to hear.
    He just keeps saying these things off the cuff and comes back later
    to say that's not what he meant.

If he has to keep coming back and correcting himself, what does that say about him? Change you can believe in!

I have taken to watching CNN lately and they did a piece today correcting the false allegations about Palin. From what I can see, with the exception of their guests, and one or two reporters, they TRY to be objective even though the natural bias comes through subtly. All-in-all, not having been a fan of CNN in the past, I don't think they have done too badly this round.

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Yea, MSNBC is definitely left biased, there's no disputing that. I do think it gets overstated sometimes tho. With regards with my vote for Obama, my primary reason is to get our country out of Iraq asap so we can focus on what's important, our economy. And I would never vote for someone who is skeptical about the cause of global warming with a VP who is as pro big oil as Palin. Not to mention her complete lack of political experience. I don't really see why I need to explain my motivations to vote, I never asked anyone why they are voting republican. In all actuality, I am registered republican. There, I said it, flame on.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    They weren't fired. They were demoted to keep them from skewing the election coverage. And I could say the same about FOX News... But just for the record http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122105857610019491.html?mod=hpp_us_whats_news/
    if you'll only read the Wall Street Journal, then there you go.

Actually they were fired from their news anchor positions and the shows they were on. They are now commentators and still employed by MSNBC but not by the same shows on MSNBC.

As for FOX, anyone who uses only 1 source of news is an idiot. I'm not an idiot.

As for the WSJ, I also quoted an WSJ article.

We can keep pissing on each other over this, but the fact is you are wrong and I am right :chillout:

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Not to mention her complete lack of political experience. I don't really see why I need to explain my motivations to vote, I never asked anyone why they are voting republican. In all actuality, I am registered republican. There, I said it, flame on.

You do realize she has as much experience as Obama right?

semiauto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Actually they were fired from their news anchor positions and the shows they were on. They are now commentators and still employed by MSNBC but not by the same shows on MSNBC.

As for FOX, anyone who uses only 1 source of news is an idiot. I'm not an idiot.

As for the WSJ, I also quoted an WSJ article.

We can keep pissing on each other over this, but the fact is you are wrong and I am right :chillout:

Who says we're pissing on each other dude? And what do you mean? Right about what?

Top Bottom