• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Since he couldn't get divisions of Acorn supporters, he did the next best thing. He threw money at a segment of the populace that always wants more tax dollars. The police. He accelerated the militarisation of police agencies, at the behest of his buddy Biden. After Bush had started to phase out some of these multi-million dollar programs Obama refunded them and expanded them, making things worse. This is a pretty good article, but what's really telling is the comments on the article. The left and the right are both losing their minds. Mr. Balko obviously hit a few nerves with this one.

7 Ways The Obama Administration Has Accelerated Police Militarization

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Great article. We see a pattern of militarization, abuses across the nation, and a relentless drive to reduce the Second Amendment to covering only sharp sticks. What I don't understand is why our local LEOs, even bringing the best of intentions and integrity to the table at a personal and perhaps even a department level, have such a hard time understanding why the rest of us don't join together chanting 'The police are our friends. The police are our friends.' Some may be, but overall, they are setting themselves up to be the most dangerous enemies the nation has ever faced--even the better ones when you consider that the standard answer is 'if you don't like the laws that are being enforced, take it up with the legislature.'

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    This is contrary to everything our founding fathers believed in. The sharp edge of law enforcement must be directly and clearly accountable to the will of the people,and must remain a civilian force. We are sending children with no real knowledge or concern for the history of our nation,and total ignorance of the meaning of our Constitution,off to foreign wars.Upon their return,many of them enter some branch of law enforcement....and it becomes just another military type situation to them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    'if you don't like the laws that are being enforced, take it up with the legislature.'

I can't for the life on me understand how seemingly intelligent people can't get a grasp on how the system works and who the appropriate folks to talk to about laws they view as improper, unjust or unconctitutional would be. If I go to a restaraunt and scream at the waitress for the way my food was cooked most folks would look at me like an idiot realizing that the waitress didn't cook it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can't for the life on me understand how seemingly intelligent people can't get a grasp on how the system works and who the appropriate folks to talk to about laws they view as improper, unjust or unconctitutional would be. If I go to a restaraunt and scream at the waitress for the way my food was cooked most folks would look at me like an idiot realizing that the waitress didn't cook it.

You are technically correct and I understand that quite well. My point is that I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that at least 75% of LEOs would round people up who are not guilty of anything we would consider a crime and put them in camps if so ordered. When that day comes--and everything I know about history tells me it is 'when' not 'if'--I want as good of odds as possible. While I have confidence in you personally to make the right moral and ethical choices, that does not apply to practitioners of your profession in general.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Local Government got to have an army too.
    Reasonably acceptable (not having an army, but having some peace officers), but not using the federal government and those tax dollars. Makes them wonder who their real masters are and that should always remain local. All too often we've seen departments bow to the feds. That has to stop.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Reasonably acceptable (not having an army, but having some peace officers), but not using the federal government and those tax dollars. Makes them wonder who their real masters are and that should always remain local. All too often we've seen departments bow to the feds. That has to stop.
    We agree on the peace officers but, as long as those tax dollars are coming in, they will bow to the Feds.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Probably because the ONLY time politicians listen is when they want a vote . Not bashing , just saying .

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Surprisingly I haven't been blamed for obamacare.

Yet.

Unless you plan on no-knocking my place when I tell the feds to go **** up a rope after engineering my lack of a positive tax (nothing to steal from me) return accordingly, you won't.

Top Bottom