• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I haven't done the research on this one, but you may also notice that Snopes insists that Saddam Hussein never had yellowcake uranium and never made any attempt to acquire it, fact that we captured it and sold it to a Canadian power company notwithstanding. I just can't take those people seriously especially considering that they do not have any internal investigative mechanism.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For reference:

Number of Executive Orders per President

Teddy Roosevelt 1,081
    William Howard Taft 724
    Woodrow Wilson 1,803
    Warren G. Harding 522
    Calvin Coolidge 1,203
    Herbert Hoover 968
    Franklin D. Roosevelt 3,522
    Harry S. Truman 907
    Dwight D. Eisenhower 484
    John F. Kennedy 214
    Lyndon B. Johnson 325
    Richard Nixon 346
    Gerald R. Ford 169
    Jimmy Carter 320
    Ronald Reagan 381
    George H. W. Bush 166
    William J. Clinton 364
    George W. Bush 291
    Barack Obama 138

Source: The American Presidency Project

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The amount of executive orders is not nearly as important as the content. Some executive orders are for cerimonial things like naming a library or a bridge. Some executive orders are to circumvent the constitution. If you look at the obumer executive orders that are being signed BEFORE the election (when he should be on his best behavior) I am really concerned with what he will sign if he wins the election.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Snopes is a very liberal biased site. I never take anything they report at face value. They once reported that it was false that Hillary Clinton did not participate in the defense of black panthers. The fools even go on to say what the email said that she participated as a law student, doing research for the defense. Contradicting themselves is only one of the minor sins the web site commits in its shameless clearly liberal bias.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Snopes is a very liberal biased site. I never take anything they report at face value. They once reported that it was false that Hillary Clinton did not participate in the defense of black panthers. The fools even go on to say what the email said that she participated as a law student, doing research for the defense. Contradicting themselves is only one of the minor sins the web site commits in its shameless clearly liberal bias.

That may be true, but they appear to be correct in this case.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That may be true, but they appear to be correct in this case.

Sure even a monkey gets lucky once in while and finds a banana.

I'm just making a point not to take anything on that web site at face value. I stopped using it for vitrifaction of emails / rumors / internet meanderings a long time ago. More often than not it is a waste of time to look anything up on that site. In this case it may very well be true.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How many of FDR's EOs were because of the war effort and needed to allow our country to remain free? And I can't stand FDR!

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Fantastical as it was, I always wished that at the end of Ron Paul's second presidential term, he signed the last EO, banning any future EOs that weren't abolitionist in nature.

Top Bottom