• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Obama

Obama's success limiting civilian deaths in drone strikes is, in part, due to "a disputed method for counting civilian casualties" embraced by Obama. According to the Times, the White House considers "all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants ... unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent."

How very presidential,and constitutional.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/w...p-in-war-on-al-qaeda.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Obama

Obama's success limiting civilian deaths in drone strikes is, in part, due to "a disputed method for counting civilian casualties" embraced by Obama. According to the Times, the White House considers "all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants ... unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/w...p-in-war-on-al-qaeda.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

I guess we might as well get used to the presumption of guilt until proven innocent ourselves given that NDAA has put us all in the same boat with the most dangerous of foreign enemies, never mind that there is any such thing as the Constitution.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While I am at it, does this mean that if we don't get killed on Tuesday, we are safe for another week? Ditto for those in Afghanistan?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    While I am at it, does this mean that if we don't get killed on Tuesday, we are safe for another week? Ditto for those in Afghanistan?

Some operations take weeks to prepare,others only minutes.My guess is you are never "safe" anymore.

all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants ... unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent.

At least after they kill you the intelligence community can decide you where a non combatant,thus proving you as an innocent civilian casualty for the ledger.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some operations take weeks to prepare,others only minutes.My guess is you are never "safe" anymore.

all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants ... unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent.

At least after they kill you the intelligence community can decide you where a non combatant,thus proving you as an innocent civilian casualty for the ledger.

I am slipping. I should have made that purple!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    487258_386095891427918_165801456790697_976558_808614559_n.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Obama

Dennis Miller calls Obama a 'killing machine" and refers to him him as "Curtis LeMay." That might make Gen. LeMay spin in his grave, but I find it hilarious. Can we call him "Bombs Away! Obama?" Maybe, Obomber?

Top Bottom