Obamas new executive orders or King Obamas new proclamations to his peasants.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant
    data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance
    Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making
    information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check
    system.

4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from
    having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background
    check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on
    how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety
    Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns
    recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it
    widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper
    training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to
    research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective
    use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop
    innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients
    about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits
    them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and
    institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health
    services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements
    within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental
    health.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If they would cut spending to pay for them then I don't have a big issue with about 3/4 of the proposals. However, anything involving Eric Holder is a major red flag as he should be wearing an orange jump suit by now.

srandrews80

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Plainfield
    I actually don't have a problem with the 23 things listed. Actually I think those are some very good ideas that have alot better chance of working than blanket bans

Last edited:

VeteranUSN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Wabash Valley
    the doctors asking about guns just doesn't seem right to me it could be used negatively down the road. If it involves mental health thats one thing but asking me on my yearly checkup is completely different

VeteranUSN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Wabash Valley
    also the full background checks on seized guns. Would that mean when a cop pulls you over and sees that you carry sometimes they will take the gun back to their car and run the serial to see if its stolen. Will that now turn into a full background check?

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    He's more like a Darth Bama then a king, " so this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause", does seem like we have watch this before !

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    If a doctor asks you if you own guns you say NO, the ONLY reason they ask that is because doctors have ALL of your information that goes into a database along with insurance information, and then the gov't knows you own a gun. DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    the doctors asking about guns just doesn't seem right to me it could be used negatively down the road. If it involves mental health thats one thing but asking me on my yearly checkup is completely different

Every doctor I have been to and have brought my grand kids to have been asking the questions do you have guns in your home, and if you say yes they ask if they are properly stored...I did not want to answer this question, but I did not want to lie in front of my grand kids.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I don't like any of these....in theory they might work...in real life they will get your guns taken away. And all this stuff make government bigger....billions will be spent.

Last edited:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    All I see are several hidden agendas giving birth in the verbage used. A lot of first steps towards something bigger seem to be hidden in some of these items. I am not against government or authority but I see some of these items to be a bit alarming.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    All I see are several hidden agendas giving birth in the verbage used. A lot of first steps towards something bigger seem to be hidden in some of these items. I am not against government or authority but I see some of these items to be a bit alarming.

I agree with some of this. Some set the stage for "closing the gun show loophole", others mandatory safe or gun lock/ e-locks.

But for the most part, this looks like 'Seriously. Comply with and enforce the current laws."

Could have been many, many times worse.

Top Bottom