• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I went in to a store looking for a Mossberg 500 in 20g. Pretty much had my mind made up when I went in. Guy behind the counter (looked like he was maybe 18) asked me what I was looking for. I told him I was looking for a 20 g pump with the second barrel for slugs. He gave me a skeptical look and asked what I was going to use it for. I said deer, rabbits, and probably some skeet too. He told me with an authoritative tone that what I needed was a .22. I thanked him, went down the street and gave my money to someone else and walked away happy gun in handm

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    At Gander, I was told by an employee that you could use any type of smokeless or black powder they sell to reload 9mm. His friend reloads and uses all the different powders they sell for 9... Yes, I emailed. No, I did not get a response.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I have known of people who bought .357 MAG for a .357 SIG chambered gun. Come on, people!

I once returned ammo because it was 357 Sig and he wanted 357 mag...

At Gander, I was told by an employee that you could use any type of smokeless or black powder they sell to reload 9mm. His friend reloads and uses all the different powders they sell for 9... Yes, I emailed. No, I did not get a response.

This is my shocked face. You have to call to get somewhere with Gander. I had an issue with the protection plan on some 5.11's. Protection plan people basically told me to pound sand. Twice. One call to Gander customer service and I had my gift card in the mail.

We had a Mosin brought in by an 18yo kid to send off to the gunsmith for him. He told whoever took it in that it wasn't shooting straight. So the gunsmith gets the gun and looks at it, then calls the kid and asks how he shot it with a wad and cosmoline blocking the barrel. Kid admits he never shot it because the rifling was so worn so now he wants a new barrel put on the gun. Gunsmith told him no way, that the barrel would be more then the gun was worth and sent the gun back to us, clean but pretty much unshootable.

Overheard at the range on ladies night from a guy teaching his wife/girlfriend how to shoot: If it doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, keep pulling the trigger

Had a gentlemen return a beautiful S&W revolver because it kept misfiring. It was a 9mm and he didn't get moon clips with it.

I heard the pumping the shotgun thing so many times it'll make you twitch...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I once returned ammo because it was 357 Sig and he wanted 357 mag...

This is my shocked face. You have to call to get somewhere with Gander. I had an issue with the protection plan on some 5.11's. Protection plan people basically told me to pound sand. Twice. One call to Gander customer service and I had my gift card in the mail.

We had a Mosin brought in by an 18yo kid to send off to the gunsmith for him. He told whoever took it in that it wasn't shooting straight. So the gunsmith gets the gun and looks at it, then calls the kid and asks how he shot it with a wad and cosmoline blocking the barrel. Kid admits he never shot it because the rifling was so worn so now he wants a new barrel put on the gun. Gunsmith told him no way, that the barrel would be more then the gun was worth and sent the gun back to us, clean but pretty much unshootable.

Overheard at the range on ladies night from a guy teaching his wife/girlfriend how to shoot: If it doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, keep pulling the trigger

Had a gentlemen return a beautiful S&W revolver because it kept misfiring. It was a 9mm and he didn't get moon clips with it.

I heard the pumping the shotgun thing so many times it'll make you twitch...

Well now, in all fairness, there is a grain of truth to that. On one range trip I took my Taurus PT111 G2 to the range, and I was getting light primer strikes (once I got it home I found that there was some crud in the firing pin channel that was causing the problem). Being a DAO pistol, I could indeed "keep pulling the trigger" and it would usually fire on the second pull.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I'm listening to a conversation right now, talking about cleaning your gun..."I don't see how you can shoot yourself while cleaning your gun, the first thing I do is drop the clip and make sure there are no bullets in the barrel"

Goodness...:n00b:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Back when there was a pistol range at IU...I know..right?
    Anyways, the range guy made us run the targets all the way to the back wall because...get this...It is safer shooting at something farther away!

Top Bottom