Obviously, he's never heard of Chris Hanson... Amish man nabbed sexting 13 y/o girl

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    They are allowed to have cells if it is required for business and is only to be used for business. See how well that works.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Parson will surely be disappointed.

1d4e746e13c4.jpg

Technology is bad - m'kay?

So, does he get to register as a sex offender....... and how would anybody in his community know? :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, does he get to register as a sex offender....... and how would anybody in his community know? :dunno:

Oh they will all know. They will forgive him and rally around him at his trial. I wonder how many young Amish girls he has done worse too and nothing was ever reported. Maybe none and I pray that is true, but I can't help but wonder.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It will happen more and more. It's not uncommon to see a young amish woman with an obviously older amish man. It always struck me as weird even when I was in high school.

I'm glad he was busted. The sad thing is this type of thing happens regularly in their community.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    Do Amish use cellphones?

I think that every Amish person I know has a cell phone.
    They don't conspicuously use them all day long (depending on where they are and who is around), but they will use them periodically and check their voice mail now and then.

Something funny I saw, back before cell phones were around, was when I was at an Amish guy's house to look at a litter of Jack Russells that he had listed for sale in the newspaper.

His daughter came in and said something to his wife which started a frantic conversation in Amish. After a moment, the wife opened up a kitchen cabinet and pushed aside some Cheerios and Wheaties to reveal a rotary phone. She called someone and was reading them the Amish version of the riot act. At least I think she was.

Top Bottom