• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Anyone carry at church? It seems like OCing with a button down and slacks is far less likely to arouse concern than OCing with overalls or ratty work clothes.

Still, it *is* church. Might some feel it disrespectful?

Seems to me that if you have a large group of people in one place (especially people known to be hated by some), then a BG might consider that a "target-rich" environment?

Thoughts?

H

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    I don't see anything wrong with CC but personally, I don't feel church is the place for OC. People are there to hear the word but to many of them will get lost glaring at your piece. I am the type of person that can respect a smokers right to smoke but just because he can smoke doesn't mean he needs to blow the smoke in my face. Same with a gun. Just my personal thoughts.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Why worry about what others think? It's between you and God at that point. What others think or don't think of me.....never enters my decision making process. Will what others think stop a crime if it happens to you?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Why worry about what others think? It's between you and God at that point. What others think or don't think of me.....never enters my decision making process. Will what others think stop a crime if it happens to you?

"And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it [a]would be better for him to have a [b]heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

It matters if it causes someone else to stumble.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it [a]would be better for him to have a [b]heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

It matters if it causes someone else to stumble.

I cannot reply like I would like to without breaking the rules. I will just say that people not liking something and causing someone to stumble are very different. I'll be glad to discuss this over PM.

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    Church is a great place for CC. I always do. Not everyone understands why so no need for OC perhaps. But you better take your gun with you because we all stop at Walmart on the way home. And there you really may need it.

Nimrodknaack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Carry at church? Yes....but CC not OC. I attend with with several officers and detectives. While at church they CC. It does not change the fact they are prepared to defend and protect but they do not want the focus on their hip. The focus at worship belongs elsewhere. Thats my opinion.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I CC, the Pastor knows it and a few others that do, also know each other does, we are the same guys that watch for health issues, anything out of place, churches are in the top 10 places for assaults.
    See you's in church

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I CC at church every service and today was no different. Both morning and evening services. ALWAYS be prepared.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    At least 6 people in our church CC because we always CC. No school on property so no worries. I think a Oc would distract too many people. And would alienate some. It it your right, sure but that doesn't mean it is not appropriate.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN

Are you really that self absorbed to think that in church it is just between you and God? There is an entire congregation there as well. It's not about what others think, it's about coming together as a group to worship. The congregation is there to worship, not discuss the fact someone chooses to OC. CC is definitely appropriate but why create any tension amongst members of the church who don't feel comfortable with OC. It's about respect....not about worrying about what others think. Any threat that may arise can be delt with just as easily by CC if that's the concern.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't see anything wrong with CC but personally, I don't feel church is the place for OC. People are there to hear the word but to many of them will get lost glaring at your piece. I am the type of person that can respect a smokers right to smoke but just because he can smoke doesn't mean he needs to blow the smoke in my face. Same with a gun. Just my personal thoughts.

This is my feelings as well. Aren't we supposed to be concerned about our brothers and sister's feelings ... at least in that place?

That being said. .. To the OPs point of it being a good target for the BGs. I would encourage any license carriers to pack a piece. There's been more than one case of some nut job shooting up a church.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Are you really that self absorbed to think that in church it is just between you and God? There is an entire congregation there as well. It's not about what others think, it's about coming together as a group to worship. The congregation is there to worship, not discuss the fact someone chooses to OC. CC is definitely appropriate but why create any tension amongst members of the church who don't feel comfortable with OC. It's about respect....not about worrying about what others think. Any threat that may arise can be delt with just as easily by CC if that's the concern.
    Actually I must be. I'm pretty sure I go to church for a deeper understanding and connection to God....not to judge those around me. If the people talk, well then....that's not very Christian-like....is it? I'm just saying you shouldn't change your ways because of what others think....if that doesn't resonate with you...then cool. You do you...I'll do me.:twocents:

Top Bottom