• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    Really? Because I OC a lot all over Lafayette and West Lafayette. Never once been an issue. I ride my motorcycle OCing all the time too.

Heck, I bought my new truck two weeks ago from Raisor......OCing....

I'm happy for ya. I hope it is never an issue for you either. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Really? Because I OC a lot all over Lafayette and West Lafayette. Never once been an issue. I ride my motorcycle OCing all the time too.

Heck, I bought my new truck two weeks ago from Raisor......OCing....

That mirrors my experience in the Lafayette area. In fact, the most reaction I've had have been from fellow shooters from a match at lunch. I don't think they had a problem so much as they weren't used to it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    That mirrors my experience in the Lafayette area. In fact, the most reaction I've had have been from fellow shooters from a match at lunch. I don't think they had a problem so much as they weren't used to it.

Sad isn't it? As an OCer I am more likely to get :poop: from a "fellow" gun owner than the pubic at large.

INcountryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Connersville
    If you WORK there, you can be FIRED for violating their no handgun rule. If you are a student, you can be expelled.

I really hate this fact. I'm a student at Purdue, and I don't think it's right that anyone who 1) has a carry permit and 2) is NOT a student or faculty member can carry on campus without a problem. I was really hoping that the Purdue Student Government was going to get that piece of legislation passed that would have allowed students and staff to carry on campus, but it didn't. I would say the main reason it didn't pass is because of a lack of education about guns and gun laws that translated into fear that students packing guns would be more dangerous than the no handgun rule.

I just hope it doesn't take a tragedy to open Purdue's eyes and allow students and staff to carry on campus.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    badges are bad ideas...it gives others false impressions...what IF someone comes running up to you saying, "officer officer, can you help me?" Plus, there arethose who will swagger a bit because they believe everyone thinks they're a LEO...

You did right...if you are legal, and have nothing to worry about, handover the LTCH and/or Dl...be polite and end wth a friend...someday you may need a friendly LEO familiar face if you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation.

GONZO!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about one of those sash dealies?
    p_080000833_2.jpg

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    How about one of those sash dealies?
    p_080000833_2.jpg

A crossing guard?

Or the newest Miss CCW pagent contestant???? :laugh:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about a Passport from the Republic of Gunlandia? It can double as a journal of every interaction with an authority figure documenting date, time, badge/ID numbers, epithets thrown at the passport's holder, etc.

Why not just have OCers dress as Third World dicatators? This way the coppers will not question their a-thor-a-tie to carry?

I really think INGO should also have a "design your own Third World Supreme Leader" uniform custome. You know--this Dutchie paratroopy beanie, with these sunglasses, with oversized uniform with medals you award yourself.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why not just have OCers dress as Third World dicatators? This way the coppers will not question their a-thor-a-tie to carry?

I really think INGO should also have a "design your own Third World Supreme Leader" uniform custome. You know--this Dutchie paratroopy beanie, with these sunglasses, with oversized uniform with medals you award yourself.

Everyone would end up looking like me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I open carry everywhere I go around lafayette. I get a few questions or dumb comments. "Are you a cop?" Nope "A PI?" Nope just an normal guy. The best though was from a cashier from miejer. "I hope thats not a real gun." my response was "why would i carry around a fake gun kinda defeats the purpose doesnt it"

Top Bottom