OC in Ohio without government permission.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    From what I could gather, open carry in Ohio is legal (even for out-of-staters without reciprocity or license) and that you could carry the gun loaded. I had an encounter with someone a few days ago that told me you couldn't carry the gun loaded or even have rounds in the magazine. I know you have to store the ammo and gun separate when in the vehicle (which makes as much sense as licking pavement) but even then I thought the mags could be loaded, just not in the same compartment with the gun.

I plan to get my Utah so I don't have to worry about it. I'll still open-carry but at least I won't have to finger my gun when I get in and out of the car. It is like they want ND/AD in Ohio.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You have gathered correctly. You should challenge the incorrect person to reference actual laws rather than spreading misinformation.

As a side note, loaded magazines were once considered loaded firearms according to a ridiculous past Ohio definition which has since been revised. :n00b:

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Thanks. I don't always absorb what I read but I was sure I read that all right. I actually told him that that info is on handgunlaw.us and that I had recently read some threads on Ohio Open Carry and he stood his ground on the subject.

Top Bottom