• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I just got my LTCH, and I'm trying to decide if I want to OC or CC. I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. If I decide to OC is it legal to OC loaded, or does it have to be unloaded?

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I just got my LTCH, and I'm trying to decide if I want to OC or CC. I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. If I decide to OC is it legal to OC loaded, or does it have to be unloaded?

If you have your LTCH, you can carry any way you want. Loaded, unloaded, in a holster, in your hand. I personally don't recommend you wave it around :P

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Carry how it is meant to be carried, and don't let anyone suggest otherwise. Indiana laws are, fortunately, not invasive and infringing. If you feel comfortable carrying the proper ways (in my mind, cocked/chambered), then do so.

Heh, makes me think of a humorous situation....

You're sitting down, having a cup of coffee... and a LEO looks at your gun, and smiles. The hammer is down. You pull the hammer back and a squad of LEO's arrive to arrest you :P

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    An unloaded handgun is just a fancy paperweight.

That said, I carried w/o one chambered for a while until I was comfortable. Consider it a transition period.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    Thanks guys, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. You are right, doesn't make much sense to carry unloaded. I think I'm going to start CC, then move up to OC.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. You are right, doesn't make much sense to carry unloaded. I think I'm going to start CC, then move up to OC.

When I finally got my holster, I jumped right into OC. First day carrying a handgun, I went ALL around town. The Greenwood mall, probably three different Starbucks, somewhere for Lunch, a couple of stores, etc... Just emmersion therapy :P Dove right in, and never heard a peep from anyone :)

Best of luck, you'll get comfortable in no time.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    When I finally got my holster, I jumped right into OC. First day carrying a handgun, I went ALL around town. The Greenwood mall, probably three different Starbucks, somewhere for Lunch, a couple of stores, etc... Just emmersion therapy :P Dove right in, and never heard a peep from anyone :)

Define irony:
    A guy posting,almost *****ing he wished someone would say something to him for OC.Then crying like a baby when the big bad policeman was following him to close.What a grin!:D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BarryJaxon said:
    Define irony:
    A guy posting,almost *****ing he wished someone would say something to him for OC.Then crying like a baby when the big bad policeman was following him to close.What a grin

Pardon? I, just like anyone, was new to gun ownership and carrying at the time. I had read these forums and threads for a year prior, and I had heard many good/bad stories. I was curious what the big deal was, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see that people just don't care. I was happy to see this. I wasn't flaunting, I wasn't rubbing up against cops, I wasn't asking for anything. I was getting my feet wet and forcing myself to feel comfortable doing something I'd never done.

Not once did I say I wished for anyone to approach and say anything to me.
    Not once did I "cry like a baby", as you so put it in the childish tone, about a cop following me. If you'd read the thread that you're referencing, and my actual concerns (which were mostly supported), you may have been able to provide some actually valuable, and less petty, input.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Hmmm..."To be honest, I'm craving some real cop interaction. Every time a sherrif or someone drives by in a parking lot, I always turn my OC side to them in a non-chalant way, hoping they stop and talk to me. I guess I'm doing it right... because carrying is getting boring"
    #616-Where did you OC today ...:rockwoot:
    And yeah I read every bit of the thread I ref`d,I personally would have had the balls to ask him if he needed something or what...instead of running home to cry on the net to a bunch of people I don`t know cause I need validation!

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Petty.

I'm satisfied knowing you actually spent time and searched through many, many posts to find one to fit your argument. You can attack my character all you like (that belonds outside of this thread.), but either way, you've failed to back up your initial claim. My post in this thread describing my first time OC'ing, and my thread on being followed by an officer. The post that you quoted is unrelated to either. It is also unrelated to this thread, and the topic. You have resorted to personal attacks (which, again, can go to PMs). Thanks.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    My first carry experience was OC with an empty chamber. I transitioned to loaded a loaded chamber after a month of having it cocked and empty with the hammer/striker going down.

Might I suggest doing your first carry open. I found if you just dive right in it is smooth sailing after that.

Top Bottom