• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Yesterday(Fri 7/10) around 3:00 pm. I was at Flying J there a state rd 3 and 70, I saw a gentleman walking in OCing. I was CCing because i have never OCd before, but my question is when you see someone open carrying in a public place like that do you speak to them? I kinda wanted to say something just because I was kinda proud of him. LIke maybe give him an "atta boy" or a " hey the 2A rocks". Do you understand where I am coming from. If he was in a Jeep I woulda said nice Jeep or something( since I am a Jeep guy also).
    I guess I am asking if anyone else speaks to other perfect strangers when they see them OC or notice a gun on them?

I am still kinda a noob so dont flame me too hard!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've usually gone with a simpled head nod to acknowlege, but haven't said anything to a perfect stranger. The one exception to that is if I'm in a gun shop. Then it is fair game.

I'm like you, I tell a guy nice car/truck/boat when I see them, but generally don't say anything about someone I notice who is OC'ing or if I can tell they are CC'ing.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I like to ask if that's a Glock fo-tay, even if it's not.:D

Or give them a smile and a head nod. I've had others ask me what kind it was and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.:)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sounds like we need a secert hand shake or motion or something. Mutual support is a good thing.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I wanted to ask if he was from the area but what is the convo starter " hey nice gun"? I am pretty sure it was an XD but not 100% because I was trying not to stare.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I was wondering about this too. I'll be looking forward to all the replies. Because I too will say things like nice car, boat, truck or what ever else. But when it comes to OC'ing I just crack a little grin and say nothing.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I enjoy the stranger conversation when I OC. And please stare all you want... If I didn't want you looking at it, I would CC at that particular moment.

A simple one liner usually works... Mine is bigger than yours, or what kinda MOA do you get out of that hand cannon. Or even just a Gran Torino finger action.

gran-torino-trailer.jpg

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was in New Castle today. Went to Captain D's for lunch. Noticed a Ruger in a guy's waistband and snapped this pic of him/it. It's hard to see in this low-res cameraphone. But the black area at about 2 pm is the black handle. It had the red ruger logo.... I THINK.. I could be WRONG, though. Gentleman looked to be 60 or so.

palm071109001.jpg

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Now come on now Boilers!! I just stared at my guy I didnt take pics!!!:laugh::laugh: Its funny how I havent really noticed to many people OC in New Castle and now its 2 sightings in 2 days!!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, I waved. I passed a couple others, too. My Uncle, right on the county line. A girl I used to date, who was MISS HENRY COUNTY... Jane someone (last name escapes me)... the house our next door neighbors lived in prior to living next door to us....

Seems like Millville's fair should be coming up, right?

I cut over to 200S on the way back, too. Passed the guy's house that has the UAW (Chrysler) stuff up on his barn. I wanted to take a photo of that, too. But I was too slow. Got some photos of St. Ann's reconstruction since the arson/fire. Looks like it will be nice.

Nice to hear this week that Welliever's will remain open for the time being, too.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    hmmm, since your a jeep guy I guess I'd have to atleast wave with both hands or something;)
    I'm not sure if I'd have the courage to say something to some one else who was carrying, but if he was in a jeep I'd almost have to.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    hmmm, since your a jeep guy I guess I'd have to atleast wave with both hands or something;)
    I'm not sure if I'd have the courage to say something to some one else who was carrying, but if he was in a jeep I'd almost have to.
    He was in a honda civic! If he woulda been in a jeep I definitly woulda talked to him!!!:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Good God, people really need to get a life.

All it takes is a gun in your pocket and you've got poperatzi, man crushes, and blushing shy admirers who don't know what to say, "uh uh uh...."

Mae West set the standard for this one, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

If that don't get you a date you need a cooler car. I can't believe you guys really carry guns. Yer gonna take down bad guy, make fun of some one else's little skinny pistol belt, think you are gonna shoot it out in the ten items or less line and then you see some old fart with a gun and suddenly you are tongue tied. Gotta run to the mutual support group for some therapy and crib sheets for "OH MY GOD! What am I gonna say!"

This is the bunch self appointing to represent me and "educate the sheeple" ROTFLMAO

Top Bottom