• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Should've come to class Marc! ;) All of these questions were specifically addressed in depth.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tions_course_lovemywoods_range_8_13_11_a.html

What does OC mean? Is it the same as Pepper Spray?

Already answered above. :yesway:

After you have to "spray" the BG, I know it would be frowned upon, to beat the BG up. So I'm assuming the spray is just meant as a deterrent. So you can run away. Should you call the police afterwards? Or just "spray", and run to safety, and call it a day?

In most cases OC is used as a deterrent or to break contact. However if you spray someone and it has little or no effect (it can happen), then do what you need to do to survive.

Whether or not to call the police is very situationally dependent (unless you are bwframe ;)). I would recommend calling anytime you are physically assaulted anyway, regardless of what tool you used to get away.

What are some good recommended brands? Do you carry it on a belt clip? What kind of distance do they have? And how long does it keep the BG down? Is there an expiration date on the container itself?

Most well-known brands like Fox Labs, Freeze +P, or Top Cop will work just fine. If I personally was going to carry OC, I'd go with Kimber's Pepper Blaster II, shown below.

179196_188677991162040_188560841173755_615986_8125948_n.jpg

The Pepper Blaster II can be carried easily in a pocket (its quite flat). Trek had Raven make him a special OWB holster for his.

163483_188677927828713_188560841173755_615985_8295330_n.jpg

Distance varies product-by-product. The generally held advice is to take the manufacturer's recommended effective distance and cut that in half to get a real idea of its actual effective distance. Most are going to be 0-10ft. max.

And yes, OC units do have expiration dates.

I'd recommend liking Blue Cell Protective Services | Facebook on FB, as Trek regularly comes out with updates on new less-lethal technology.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Freeze +P... A combination of CS and OC. I've not felt anything hotter.

images

If this doesn't do the job you'll probably have to shoot them. :D

I sprayed a large, drunken Marine one night, who before being sprayed proclaimed he was "immune to 17 different chemical agents."

This was not one of them. :):

The good thing about Fox OC...if you spray them then tase them...they combust. The propellent in Fox is brake cleaner. It also tends to melt contacts.

Just looking at that image makes my eyes burn...

I do not know much about other brands, but that Freeze +P is serious business. I eat ghost peppers raw... that stuff puts me in pain.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Freeze +P is serious business.
    I will add that if you get Freeze +P on your hands...no matter how much you scrub them later...wait several days before pulling your penis out to urinate.

1202031-hot-dog-roasting-over-a-fire.jpg

I'll just mention that in passing...

Also...if you get sprayed in the face...be careful where you put your face for a few days. Moisture reactivates the chemical agent. I'll leave that one to your imagination.

And these were two entirely different occasions. My face was no where near my penis. If I could pull that off...so to speak...I'd never leave the house. :):

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have used Fox labs for several years. It works fantastic on dogs. Up until about two years ago we had a horrible stray dog problem where I live, I mean it was really bad they ran in small packs. Anyway with the Fox you don't even have to hit them square in the face, anywhere around the head and shoulders and they will run for their lives. I have even missed and sprayed the ground next to a dog and they still ran. Get the streaming. They also tell you once you spray it, it starts to lose its potency. Maybe so but I have used a can more than a few times over a year and it was still effective.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Something I haven't heard about using OC spray is the fact that usually, especially if you use the traditional style, you WILL get some on your hand. Period. Watch were you next put that hand.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Something I haven't heard about using OC spray is the fact that usually, especially if you use the traditional style, you WILL get some on your hand. Period. Watch were you next put that hand.

You must have missed public servant's advice on the matter:

I will add that if you get Freeze +P on your hands...no matter how much you scrub them later...wait several days before pulling your penis...

I hope I got the context right with that partial quote.

:D

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Would rather be tased again than sprayed. Do not like the stuff and did not carry on duty and will not carry now. Too unpredictable.

It is the gift that just keeps giving in many ways.

I still remember my shower after that class - make sure you lean forward and let the water run off.

Top Bottom