• ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I've seen an OC spray at the last few gunshows called "Police Magnum"
    it's in a black blisterpack and in can and key chain forms. It says also says 17% OC spray, multiple bursts 12foot range. Thought about getting a few for the bird and for non-carry situations.

I recently looked at some in a gun store and it was 10%. I enquired on the 17% and the owner said that it was for police only and could not be sold in IN to the public. He then added"a lot of things at gun shows aren't legal"

Is he right on the OC spray?

or on the other part of his statement???

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I enquired on the 17% and the owner said that it was for police only and could not be sold in IN to the public. He then added"a lot of things at gun shows aren't legal"

Is he right on the OC spray?

or on the other part of his statement???

He is certainly right on the latter comment; a lot of things at gun shows aren't legal. But I don't think he's right about the OC content of pepper spray for sale in Indiana; I couldn't find anything in the Indiana Code that mentioned it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I couldn't find anything at all about a concentration limit in IN. However, I did not look at Indiana code, i just looked for IN OC spray laws and most laws only stated "Legal" for IN. When other states had restrictions they were listed, so this leads me to believe there aren't any.

The only state I saw with a 10% restriction is WI. MI has a 2% restriction.

Interesting tidbit I found in my search. I didn't verify this, but the one thing I saw (on several sites) said that in IN (along with some other states) you can't buy OC spray by mail or internet sales. :dunno: Oops

Yes, it is true that many things at gunshows are illegal. Just go to the Indy 1500 sometime and see all the illegal knives that some vendors have out for sale.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    He is certainly right on the latter comment; a lot of things at gun shows aren't legal. But I don't think he's right about the OC content of pepper spray for sale in Indiana; I couldn't find anything in the Indiana Code that mentioned it.

I think you're correct.

I just was at the website that sells the Police Magnum. Thye list about 7 states they can't ship to and 1 (Mass) where thye will ship it only with your FID license.
    Iniana was not on the "no ship" list. I should have google first.

(H&H trying to get a sale I guess....)

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Just get Saber! That stuff is as good as the best. Oh and the percentage doesn't matter so much as the SHU — the SHU is how hard the stuff hits and the higher the percentage is really about the duration of the spray. You want something with at least two million Scoville Heat Units.

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I've seen actual switchblades at the Indy 1500 and we all know they are 100% not legal here in Indiana - So the statement is true.

In other posts of the past it has been suggested if you are foolish enough to buy an illegal item (such as the aforementioned switchblade) be prepared for immediate and fierce intervention from those tasked with such duties.....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've seen actual switchblades at the Indy 1500

As well as throwing stars, which are also prohibited in IN. :n00b: And let's not forget my personal favorite game, "spot the illegal AOW (or SBR)," to say nothing of obscure things like 922(r) violations. It's a jungle out there, which is why it's smart to do one's homework before going shopping.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    ***NOT AN ATTEMPT TO THREAD JACK***
    This has always been confusing to me. If any item, be it Oc spray,switch blade, throwing stars etc are illegal to own, then how can they be sold in an open venue such as the 1500?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This has always been confusing to me. If any item, be it Oc spray,switch blade, throwing stars etc are illegal to own, then how can they be sold in an open venue such as the 1500?

Because the people buying may not be Indiana residents. Or something. Kinda like "out of state fireworks," wink wink nudge nudge.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Or they're sold as belt buckles, paperweights, etc., and even packaged that way on blister packs. Funny how they always look just like real brass knuckles.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

as far as the switch blades, law enforcement, I have been told, can legally buy these. Of course how the sale is conducted and if all proper steps are taken such as letter head or whatever is necessary is what makes it a legal or illegal sale.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I have never heard of any restrictions on the concentration of OC/pepper spray in Indiana but I do recall there being a container quanity restriction. I am still looking for it but remember here a few years back I was going to order one of the Economy Sized cans from Sportsmans Guide(I think) and there were some restrictions for it in Indiana, when I got to digging I found that the product had to be under so many ounces to be sold to a Hoosier. Still looking, can't seem to find it right at the moment.:dunno:

Top Bottom