• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I use to live on the east side of indy and walked my dog a lot at Ellenberger Park during the summer and fall months. I never had an issue with a parent or a child freaking out. I have thought about it a lot but I feel that the best thing to do is to do what you normally do. If you CC then CC. If you OC then OC.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    It's not about OC or CC for me. It's safety pure and simple. If you're gonna ****ing carry, just ****ing carry. Just make sure it's holstered properly. Too many dip****s shooting themselves make it hard on everyone. I always look forward to having conversations about carrying when OCing though.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    How do you guys handle situations like this?

I was at a birthday party on Sunday with lots of little ankle biters and a few older kids (5-10) and many who weren't a part of our group but were also at the park. I was OCing as usual and there were several comments made by the kids. Mostly excited or inquisitive but none were a problem.

Even had a conversation about getting a LTCH with one of the kid's dad who found the process difficult.

All in all no big deal if you know how to handle kids and the situation of strangers asking questions.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I've never had a problem with kids. Or their parents. But it is cute when they ask "Is that a real gun?"

I once had a really young kid in a grocery store come up to me and say, "Mister! Mister! May I have that, please?"

I just replied, "Umn... Sorry, but this one is mine..."

:dunno:

Top Bottom