M50-illustration.jpg

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I train dogs and work in 2 shelters, but that doesn't pay the bills. The day job is bookkeeping and medicare billing for nursing homes. Somehow I have also become our human resources department?!?

Don't forget, you're one of my best, loving, considerate and thoughtful of friends. And I thank God everyday that He's blessed my life by adding you to it.

A good/great friend is someone who knows you, understands and accepts all your faults and short comings, and loves you all the more because of it.

A good friends never judges you, is there with a strong shoulder to lean on and an ear and heart so open that you can talk to about everything in your life, be it good or bad, and know that it won't go any further, or be used against you. Someone who offers total unconditional love, is more rare, precious and valuable than the finest Grade D gem that has ever been found. As well as a true gift from God, to enrich and remind you that there ARE good people in this world, you just have to leave your mind and heart open to see them when they appear, and offer their love and friendship to you.

A good friend is someone who enriches and gives quality to your life, and to quote an old phrase.....a good,true friend is "a joy, and a treasure forever" beyond what words can say, or the ability to understand. Unless of course they've been given a friend like this, of their very own.

I lost what I thought was a "true friend" of 26 years when I moved in and stayed with her and her husband for a little over a year. I was out there for some much needed medical help, that I couldn't get here. I never had any advance warning that they didn't want me, they wanted the extra income that my Disability would provide. I was finally able to leave CA and come home to Bill and our daughter at the tail end of 2010, feeling very used and emotionally raped.

Little did I know what God had waiting for me here tho, to bless my life with. Someone so far superior to the fake, so called friend out there, who's only wish was to extort as much money and work as she could from me, then throw me out onto the street, when I was no longer able to be her "chief cook and fetch-it maid". I'm on a fixed income because of being disabled, but they demanded that I give them $600 a month, for the privilege of living under their roof. One of her main ambitions was to talk me into divorcing Bill, and "take him to the cleaners". They wanted me to force him into selling our home, and then giving them the money I'd get from it. NO! That thought never entered my mind, and I fought her tooth and nail, as well as letting Bill know what she was trying to pull/do. Needless to say, he was livid! She'd been his friend as well. Now, he wouldn't lift his little finger to help her, not ever again. I was her primary caregiver, even tho I'd just had 2 major surgeries of my own. She really didn't care, just so that I waited on her every need, and make sure that I paid them every cent, every month I was there. As some on INGO have said, "what has been seen, can not be unseen." And as far as I'm concerned, "once burned, twice shy"! I not only came home to my beloved family, I came home to find a person who is so far superior to the back stabbing ex-friend, that I'm still pinching myself to make sure that it's really happening, and not just a dream. I have only a very select few that I call "friend", and even fewer that I can completely trust. Kitty is both, true and trustworthy!

I did this on the open Forum for a purpose. So that everyone else could know what and how special a member of our family community really is. Very seldom do we really get to know our fellow INGOers, and who they really are. I hope and pray that everyone else here, has the blessing of finding someone like Kitty to grace their lives, as she has mine. :)

7th Stepper

BiggEarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Cory, IN
    I currently work in Indy at a place called general cable. We make the insulation and coating for heavy duty transmission wire for power plants, marine welding, etc. I am also in the Air National Guard.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have been doing Tech Support for the last 6 years, I have supported

Internet Connections
    Home networks
    Commercial wireless connections (Motorola Canopy equipment)
    I designed wifi networks for eli lilly
    supported Iomega hard drives
    and currently support Small office Voip phones.

All while working for the same company

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Retired mechanical contractor/UA plumber in southwest Indiana. I did a couple jobs in the Indy area a few years ago (new school in Avon, Hoosier Road Elementary, plus Hartford City South side and several in Connersville.) I can go to Red Brush and shoot anytime of the day while y'all are still at work.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have worked: as a manager for an organic food store, tried my luck with stage-hand work in Chicago, apprenticed as a screen printer and then went on to own a small screen printing business, and now I work for a security firm as an alarm runner/supervisor.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    26 year law enforcement veteran with the last 22 years as the Chief Executive officer.

Father of seven, grandfather of three, and whipped husband.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    26 year law enforcement veteran with the last 22 years as the Chief Executive officer.

Father of seven, grandfather of three, and whipped husband.

Welcome. I've always said, marriage is a wonderful institution...everyone needs to be institutionalized a couple of times.

Top Bottom