• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    We shall not stand for this injust-

Oh, oh no. I ran out of Cheetoes. BRB guys Internet Wurriorz need Cheetoes!!

Fight on 'till I return, then we shall finally get our beloved negative rep back!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What's the point of the rep system anyway? It's been turned into a game, https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/126517-rep_pyramid.html, that renders positive rep a basically moot point anyway!!!:dunno:

It was suppose to be a fun addition but as usual, things like that get abused on forums because of the clique issue. One of the cool kids doesn't like you, they pile on. You bring up a legitimate point proving they're wrong, they pile on. They feel like wasting time and brain cells posting stuff nobody in the world cares about, their e-friends swarm and rep whore. It really is like 6th grade around most forums.

I agree with this statement. If the sole reason it was shut off was to "protect" the noobs when they say something stupid, then make the neg rep active after "x" number of post counts. It really does come in handy a lot. Usually, when I see neg rep given out, its for a completely legit reason, ( i.e. trolling) and those people will not be taken seriously until their rep has turned back toward the greener side.

Lesson of the Day: "Don't want neg rep?? Don't say dumb :poop:"

:D And now for your enjoyment.....Conway Twitty

conway_twitty.jpg

Are you saying you take people seriously because of what their rep bar shows? If so, stay away from voting booths and anything that has influence over people's lives. Judge based on the posts (even if you don't share an opinion it can be quality) not on what color their rep bar is or how many e-friends they've made.

And since Mr. Conway Twitty is the man, we'll leave that right there.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    It was suppose to be a fun addition but as usual, things like that get abused on forums because of the clique issue. One of the cool kids doesn't like you, they pile on. You bring up a legitimate point proving they're wrong, they pile on. They feel like wasting time and brain cells posting stuff nobody in the world cares about, their e-friends swarm and rep whore. It really is like 6th grade around most forums.

Are you saying you take people seriously because of what their rep bar shows? If so, stay away from voting booths and anything that has influence over people's lives. Judge based on the posts (even if you don't share an opinion it can be quality) not on what color their rep bar is or how many e-friends they've made.

And since Mr. Conway Twitty is the man, we'll leave that right there.

Note taken: I will from now on ignore everything you say :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

You're just jealous of my awesomeness.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    No I dont want people to fear me, I have guns for that. :): ;)
    For me negative rep just gives more value to positive rep.
    It's more for a Ying and Yang type of thing, the positive rep can only be postive if there is a negative one opposed to it.

It's like when you do something nice for someone, if you help an old lady cross the street for example, you could also ignore her or be even push her under a car (no nice, dont do it kids).
    Knowing that you had other options besides being good gives value to the act of being good.
    Just like people who work hard to make money and pay their taxes, they could decide to sell drugs and pay no taxes.It's a choice they made, not the only option they have.

I dont know if that makes sense.

Without the negative rep, positive rep is even more meaningless than it used to be. There is an imbalance in the force!

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Before you know it the INGO dictatorship is going to have us wearing bar codes and giving out mandatory vaccines :n00b:

Revolution must occur. My rights have been infringed.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    The universe could collapse on itself! :n00b:

For the love of God bring the neg rep back!

"Fully defeated by just anyone, the dark side cannot be, but only by the Chosen One. And who might be this Jedi? Know I do not, but not yet born is he or she. This much, sense I can. A vessel of pure Force the Chosen One will be, more powerful than any Jedi in history."

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    May be if the name was changed to;
    Abrogating, adverse, against, annulling, antagonistic, anti, balky, colorless, con, contrary, contravening, counteractive, cynical, denying, detrimental, disallowing, disavowing, dissentient, dissenting, gainsaying, gloomy, impugning, invalidating, jaundiced, naysaying, neutralizing, nugatory, nullifying, opposing, pessimistic, privative, recusant, refusing, rejecting, removed, repugnant, resisting, resistive, unaffirmative, unenthusiastic, unfavorable, uninterested. Reps, the Mods would bring it back :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "Fully defeated by just anyone, the dark side cannot be, but only by the Chosen One. And who might be this Jedi? Know I do not, but not yet born is he or she. This much, sense I can. A vessel of pure Force the Chosen One will be, more powerful than any Jedi in history."

2470629305_3.jpg

Top Bottom