Occupy Oakland....again? What's the point? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Is anyone besides me having 60's and 70's type flashbacks with this new "Occupy...(Fill in city here) Movement"? I found this a bit ago, and I STILL don't understand what they're doing or protesting......

Is it just me? And if so, could someone please explain it to me, I'm lost at what they're trying to do, besides destroy things and cause riots, violence and bigotry?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/04/u.../json8.nytimes.com/pages/national/index.jsonp

Thanks
    7th Stepper

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I also have the flashbacks. In a few years, some of them will wake up and become contributors to society, many of them will continue to be losers. Anyway, in California they are accepted as the norm.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    People standing united in hate of people that are working to get ahead in life. No leadership, few are educated on the issues many are there to spectate or join in for sake of saying they did. There was a report done a few weeks ago that the NY group had fewer than 150 protester but over 300 media members present to watch. Oh by claiming to be 99% of the population they've proved their really bad at math.

For me the real answer comes next week, how many will be voting in their local elections, and how many will be sitting on the street.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I also have the flashbacks. In a few years, some of them will wake up and become contributors to society, many of them will continue to be losers. Anyway, in California they are accepted as the norm.

Truer words were never spoken!!!!! I can verify and testify to that statement about it being the norm! I spent 99.9% of 2010 in CA, simply because I needed some advanced technology surgery done, and that was where I knew the doctors could/would do it. I hate and loathe to admit it, but I was born and raised in OAKLAND, CA!!! EEKKSS!! At this point I'm more ashamed than proud of that fact. I WAS a CA native, notice the WAS part! I'm a Hoosier now, and totally happy and PROUD of that fact.

CA used to be a nice place to live and raise kids in, but then again, Godzilla used to be a little bitty lizard!

I couldn't wait to get the heck out of what has turned into one of the WEIRDEST states in the entire country! I don't care if Pot smoking is legal there, regardless, it's just NOT worth it! Once I got thru with the surgeries, and got the clearance from my Doctors, I blew off that horrible place and came home on the fastest plane possible! Well, not really, but all in all, I got the clearance, called Bill, he had the ticket for me within minutes, and 4 days later, including packing up all my stuff and arranging to have some of it shipped, I left faster than greased lightning!

And at this point, a herd of wild horses, elephants, or aliens couldn't get me back there, regardless of what was going on! The only hope the rest of the US has....is if they have another large quake....maybe we'll be lucky enough to have the entire state fall off into the ocean!

Not that the Ocean would want it, they'd probably just heave it back out, out of self preservation and a severe dislike for pollution!

All in all, it has to rank in the top 5 WORST years of my life!

California: Land of the Druggies and Home of the Irresponsible! (and that's just a few of the residents who live there!)

As I posted out to another member last night who has similar back problems as mine, now that we've found Ortho/Indy, I can get all of the rest of the work done here! And never set foot in that atrocious, drug infested, weirdo laden, little corner of H*** again!

There's no place like home....there's no place like home....there's no place like home..... And home is HERE, in Indiana!

Top Bottom