• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    What a joke. They're claiming the arrests included medics treating "wounded" people.

These actions go beyond unconscionable, they're unthinkable. If this was war, the BPD could be found guilty of war crimes:

Chapter IV, Article 25 of the Geneva Convention states that "Members of the armed forces specially trained for employment, should the need arise, as hospital orderlies, nurses or auxiliary stretcher-bearers, in the search for or the collection, transport or treatment of the wounded and sick shall likewise be respected and protected if they are carrying out these duties at the time when they come into contact with the enemy or fall into his hands.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    These Occupy people are sickening...

What makes it worse is they themselves can't even figure out what they're protesting.. Is it government or the banks? Or is it big corporations? Jeezes.

Seriously, you want to complain about silencing people, then why won't you allow your protesters to speak to the media?

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I am fairly sure the Chapter IV, Article 25 of the Geneva Convention part they are referring to also states they must be clearly marked as medics. Not sure if these people they claimed as medics were or not but they seemed to have left that part out.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OccupyWS was originally started as a pro-democracy (separation of corporation and state) movement. Unfortunately it seems that as it has grown it has become more or less tea party-esque and more of a general movement against the income divide that has been increasing since approximately 1980.

If you look at the original demands of the movement, the organizers (Adbusters) were asking for President Obama to "ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington". I don't think that's such a bad thing.

The problem is that the movement has no real voice right now, and the person that will say the most ridiculous thing to the news gets the most airtime. That and these kind of movements tend to automatically attract a fairly large number of people who aren't exactly bright.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    In referring to the Geneva Convention I guess they thought they were in a war zone and the BPD was in reality an invading army? :dunno:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Looks like they are none too happy with the Boston PD. From the article I've read, the protesters were trespassing and given choice to stop by 1:30 AM or be arrested. Guess what, they didn't.

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for American Revolution

That article pretty much sums up the role of professional protesters at "events" like this. They do everything they can to appear like the victim once the police show up. It's their job to get arrested and cry foul while doing so.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    pro-democracy (separation of corporation and state) movement.

"ordain a Presidential Commission tasked with ending the influence money has over our representatives in Washington". I don't think that's such a bad thing.

I guess I never realized that building a business, making a profit, and putting people to work if they want to work was somehow unconstitutional.

And, yeah, Bam-Bam would be the one to do that. The former "community organizer" and his "God damn America!" preacher.

What a conglomeration of losers. Isn't it about time for The Reverend Jackson and his Rent-a-Riot Crew to show up (with Al Sharpton on drums)?

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    What you see now is not the end....its just starting and I cant wait.
    Wall Street, the gov't we have, need shaken to its very foundation and built back up again.
    At one time we were the envy of nations, now we're the scorn. It's time something changes.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I guess I never realized that building a business, making a profit, and putting people to work if they want to work was somehow unconstitutional.

And, yeah, Bam-Bam would be the one to do that. The former "community organizer" and his "God damn America!" preacher.

What a conglomeration of losers. Isn't it about time for The Reverend Jackson and his Rent-a-Riot Crew to show up (with Al Sharpton on drums)?

That's the problem with this movement, there is no voice so it's intent is so fractured and clouded, and every idiot is trying to latch on to it. The movement originated as an attempt to increase awareness of corporate influence in our political system at the expense of the individual citizen, and to potentially spur action to reduce that influence. It's not supposed to be anti-business, it's supposed to be pro-democracy, but somehow that message is not what is being projected or reported on.

Top Bottom