• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Went to breakfast today with my wife. We went to her favorite place, Sunrise Diner which is downtown Lafayette by the court house. I walked in the Diner oc'ing. Got a couple of stares, nothing big. The owner saw my weapon and just poured my coffee and kept talking to me. When we got up to pay the bill I got a few more stares, but nothing big. I felt pretty comfortable about it. I guess the more I do it the more I will get used to it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Went to breakfast today with my wife. We went to her favorite place, Sunrise Diner which is downtown Lafayette by the court house. I walked in the Diner oc'ing. Got a couple of stares, nothing big. The owner saw my weapon and just poured my coffee and kept talking to me. When we got up to pay the bill I got a few more stares, but nothing big. I felt pretty comfortable about it. I guess the more I do it the more I will get used to it.

they serve great breakfasts there. :)

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Welcomerotating_zpsf9952943.gif
    to the
    1487-star-wars-darth-vader-dark-side-wallpaper-wallchan.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Very cool! First time I ever carried I OC my 1911. Its so much more comfortable. Ive only CC once. Was disappointed I didnt get any stares though :(

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Welcome to the club. I get a few looks every once in a while, but very rarely outright stares. I have never had anyone actually mention my carry piece except for my cousin. We had been out all day, went to eat and shopped in a few stores before we went back to her house. After we talked for a while I was getting ready to leave and she said "We spent the entire day together and I never even saw that you were carrying your gun!"

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I typically OC and the only comments I get are from kids "mommy he's got a gun". A nervous glance from the mother typically melted by my charming smile and a nod. Most people don't know and don't care.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I've never had anyone say anything and honestly as you go on you'll tend to see that people really don't even notice you, or for that fact care. That is coming from someone that is from the "region". A place where I believe has a much more liberal view to weapons.

Keep on excersising your god given right!

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just got back from Menard's with my wife, where I Oc'd. Not a problem. Then we went to McDonald's and saw all them kids so I decided to check my app "Posted" and found out McD's is anti-gun, so I covered it up.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Thanks for OCing.

I don't carry (LTCH hasn't arrived, and I'm not yet sure if I plan to since it won't work with my job and will largely be a hassle.

But I appreciate those of you who do OC because it slowly but steadily gets rid of the stigma of a "OMG! MWG!" and all the BS that goes with it. Keep eroding the absurd idea that only cops should carry guns.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I dont know what I would say if some one flips out on me. I guess the best thing to do is be nice.

Yes - be very nice. Remember, you're representing pistol-carrying gun owners.

Sometimes you get a good opportunity to NICELY educate someone on the law. Most of the time, nobody really pays attention.

If a kid says something, I just smile. Look like a nice, non-scary person.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I've OC'd at Sunrise Diner. They don't care. The regulars probably were more interested in someone not a regular. I miss Sunrise breakfasts.

I wouldn't worry about OCing at McDonald's much. They're not likely to care.

Top Bottom