• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Went with my twin brother this morning to take his wife some breakfast at her work. She works for a chiropractor. We pull up to the building and parked right next to a Tippecanoe county sheriffs car. There was a man in plain cloths outside talking on the phone. We walk past him and he stares at my side arm. We go in to the office and he follows us. He was off duty and turns out that he is a patient there. My brother and I started talking to him and he never once said one thing to me about the gun. My sister-in-law brought up the subject of guns and we had fun talking to the guy. She said he is always in there to get his back cracked and that they have quite a few police officers that are regulars. My sister-in-law asked me if I was carrying because she was behind the counter and couldn't see it. I told her yes, I have the license that lets me carry anywhere that is allowed, open or concealed.

I know there are those that do not like us that open carry. I actually do both, depends on where and the circumstance. I dont think there is anything wrong with doing either.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why the hell does it matter if you oc or cc??? Why does it matter to anybody but you? Just asking, no attitude towards you!

You know how I know you're new here? ;)

You'd be surprised how much the freedom-loving members of INGO want everybody to do it their way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why the hell does it matter if you oc or cc??? Why does it matter to anybody but you? Just asking, no attitude towards you!

Validation, dude.

People break off in little tribes and want others to validate their point of view or biases.

Never been hassled by The Man for carrying in Tippecanoe County. State po-po did ask me for my pink card when I hit my deer on I-65 but I think I hit it in Clinton County.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Validation, dude.

People break off in little tribes and want others to validate their point of view or biases.

Never been hassled by The Man for carrying in Tippecanoe County. State po-po did ask me for my pink card when I hit my deer on I-65 but I think I hit it in Clinton County.

Seems kinda dumb... With all the BS going on these days we need to be supporting a common cause, not fighting over where you put your gun!

Yes, I am still a newb, only been around here a few months, but I have gotten the feeling there are those that forgot there's more than one way to carry your skinned cat... Don't mean to sound like a rookie, I just try to have an open mind, or at least to be smart enough to know I don't know everything.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Open and concealed ? :dunno:

or do you mean carrying it on your shoulders or wearing it as a hat ? :dunno:

I carry my gun in several ways... I've never skinned my cats.. they might get pissed !

:D
    :laugh:

Bro, your doing it wrong, you have to throw them in the microwave of a minute, then skin them! I prefer to wear them as a hat in this type of weather, in the summer I conceal carry them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I CC for personal reasons. Could not give a hoot how anyone else carry's.
    I tried OC a few weeks ago when shopping with the misses. It was an interesting experience in the psychology of others. I had a few conversations with security personnel in Miejers (1 of duty LEO at the bank) and the stares ranged from icy hate to hey, cool gun.
    The employees at Wally were a bit freaked and a member of management asked me to cover it. He did not ask me to leave or get up-set he just did not have the time to deal with the folks going off about a man with a gun in the frozen food section. He was nice enough so I complied to ease his pain and I will continue to CC when in public. Public has to many non-informed reactionary's and I just do not have the energy to ward them off.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I CC for personal reasons. Could not give a hoot how anyone else carry's.
    I tried OC a few weeks ago when shopping with the misses. It was an interesting experience in the psychology of others. I had a few conversations with security personnel in Miejers (1 of duty LEO at the bank) and the stares ranged from icy hate to hey, cool gun.
    The employees at Wally were a bit freaked and a member of management asked me to cover it. He did not ask me to leave or get up-set he just did not have the time to deal with the folks going off about a man with a gun in the frozen food section. He was nice enough so I complied to ease his pain and I will continue to CC when in public. Public has to many non-informed reactionary's and I just do not have the energy to ward them off.

If you were in sporting goods, you would have been fine ? :dunno:

(ok.. another one.. here it comes..)

Were they worried you were going to use frozen pizzas for target practice ? :ar15:

:laugh:

Top Bottom