• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    So usually the only show I will drive for is the Indy 1500; otherwise it's the Muncie / Anderson / Alexandria shows.

But I've got nothing else going on this Saturday. Both Tipton and Kokomo are around an hours drive.

If I were to be looking for .380 HP's, 10/22 banana mags and the famous "random deal I can't pass up" - in a rough sort of estimation, which show am I better off going to?

Thanks INGO :D

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Been to both roughly three time in the past year & half.

I'd rate the Kokomo Show a go see. Fresh stuff, merchandise turning over, fair prices with some deals.

The Tipton Show on the other hand, seems a bit less product selling and more product showing (in other words, their proud of their "old" items). Of the times I've been there, the same stuff is there and nobody is buying (no bargains or even fair prices - ammo, ammo boxes, reloads, used guns you name it). I do have to say there were a least two decent gun dealers that were trying to move product, but most would rather put it back in the truck until next time to dust it off.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Ill be stopping in at the Kokomo show for a few. Looking for a new toy maybe. Something cheap, cheap to shoot, but fun. Nothing Ill ever defend my life or land with. Also looking for a good knife.

Main reason is to show my buddy around all the different shapes and sizes of firearms. I took him to the range last friday, and he was applying for a carry permit monday morning. He fell in love and knows NOTHING.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    So usually the only show I will drive for is the Indy 1500; otherwise it's the Muncie / Anderson / Alexandria shows.

But I've got nothing else going on this Saturday. Both Tipton and Kokomo are around an hours drive.

If I were to be looking for .380 HP's, 10/22 banana mags and the famous "random deal I can't pass up" - in a rough sort of estimation, which show am I better off going to?

Thanks INGO :D

If you go to Big R in Marion they have 10/22 bananas and .380 hps. I would say you would be better off going to Big R because the Kokomo show sucks. Unless you like old military stuff and overpriced ammo at the 1 table that has ammo. I have never found a good deal at kokomo, but im sure they are there.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been lucky at the Kokomo show the last few times, so I will go there first. If I come out with a new toy, I'll head straight home, if not it is only a slight jog for me to stop in at Tipton on the way back.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I"ll be at the Kokomo show around 0930, and the Tipton show around 1300 or so..... and the Moving Wall in-between.....

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Never been to Kokomo show :dunno: Tipton last time was there (maybe a year or two ago) was a great show. Lots of guns :rockwoot:, not much junk, with good prices with some turn over with people buying and selling. Only reason I will not be there is I'm paying for it and doing another phase of remodeling on the house. I dunno know, thinking about it, maybe just won't work on the place and go :coffee:...can hear the wife :nono: but she'll :horse: maybe might check out Kokomo-moe. So she can :ar15:but going to the show:banana:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Never been to Kokomo show :dunno: Tipton last time was there (maybe a year or two ago) was a great show. Lots of guns :rockwoot:, not much junk, with good prices with some turn over with people buying and selling. Only reason I will not be there is I'm paying for it and doing another phase of remodeling on the house. I dunno know, thinking about it, maybe just won't work on the place and go :coffee:...can hear the wife :nono: but she'll :horse: maybe might check out Kokomo-moe. So she can :ar15:but going to the show:banana:

#1. Headache from all of the "smilies".

#2. Your wife has our sympathies.

:D :D

J/K

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    #1. Headache from all of the "smilies".

#2. Your wife has our sympathies.

:D :D

J/K

Sorry about head trama; just haveing fun. now to decide which one. As far the wife, she's good to me. She found out a while back honey-do lists are a waste of time. I'm good to her, she's good to me.

Top Bottom