• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    i went to the indy 1500 show friday and my truck got broke into, so just trying to let you know, dont leave or take any guns or ammo in car to be on the safe side, and they know what they are doing, i have a newer chevy 2500hd and they busted the plastic off around the lock so they could just push the bar up to unlock, that is why the alarm didnt go off, cause the electric unlock switch wasnt used, so be careful, it is a good show, have a great day :ar15:

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    ya

they just tore up the lock and handle on the truck, but i had a $2500 spray rig and alot of tools and they didnt touch any of it just ram sacked the center console and moved stuff around only took a cell phone and some cash i left in the truck, i really think they are looking for guns and ammo

Supersport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    Thats crazy! the last thing i would want to do is break into someones car or truck knowing full well that he or she is a gun show and more than like carries a fire arm on them. Thats some tuff luck though im sure that plastic piece around your lock wont be cheap either.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Thats crazy! the last thing i would want to do is break into someones car or truck knowing full well that he or she is a gun show and more than like carries a fire arm on them. Thats some tuff luck though im sure that plastic piece around your lock wont be cheap either.

:dunno:......

Well......could be carry'n a DOZEN......lock'd an' load'd.....STILL....'less they got'a knife or some kind'a weapon come'n at'cha in a threaten'n manner.....if ya POP 1 (or 2,or....whutever...)....just for break'n in the vehicle.....then.....makes YOU the BAD guy .....jus' the way it is.....:twocents:

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    i was parked

right when you come in and pay turned left and parked right there on the left, and ya if i had of seen them in my truck yes there would have been a bigger problem, cause i would have let a couple off, and the officer said he would do the same, so if your ballzy enough to break in my truck ya im ballzy enough to let a few off. i just cant believe with all the police and fair staff around that it happend but the officer said mine was the 3rd one that got broke into yesterday, but it is ****ty that you pay for parking and get broke into and now its gonna cost me around $150 to fix my truck plus the cash that was taken and the cell phone, so yesterday cost me around $1600 and ya that sucks:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Make the fairgrounds pay for it they make you pay and are supposed to provide a secure area. I would say the damages are on them.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    We parked in the "small lot" today and there were workers all over the place. I only saw a few uniformed LEO's but they were there.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    right when you come in and pay turned left and parked right there on the left, and ya if i had of seen them in my truck yes there would have been a bigger problem, cause i would have let a couple off, and the officer said he would do the same, so if your ballzy enough to break in my truck ya im ballzy enough to let a few off. i just cant believe with all the police and fair staff around that it happend but the officer said mine was the 3rd one that got broke into yesterday, but it is ****ty that you pay for parking and get broke into and now its gonna cost me around $150 to fix my truck plus the cash that was taken and the cell phone, so yesterday cost me around $1600 and ya that sucks:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Man, I'm sorry they got you! But I've got to ask.... Why in the world would you leave cash in the truck? I may have 10-20 and some change in mine, but most of my cash stays in my pocket. Were you afraid you'd spend it in the show?
    Hope your insurance takes care of you!

I hope someone catches the bastards!:ar15:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Make the fairgrounds pay for it they make you pay and are supposed to provide a secure area. I would say the damages are on them.

Who is to say it wasn't the parking employees? They can walk around the cars and no one would pay attention to them.

Just another reason not to go the 1500 as far as I am concerned.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    they just tore up the lock and handle on the truck, but i had a $2500 spray rig and alot of tools and they didnt touch any of it just ram sacked the center console looking for a gun left in there and moved stuff around only took a cell phone and some cash i left in the truck, i really think they are looking for guns and ammo

I'm thinking the highlighted may be the angle.

Sorry 'bout the lowlifes breaking in.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Who is to say it wasn't the parking employees? They can walk around the cars and no one would pay attention to them.

Just another reason not to go the 1500 as far as I am concerned.

Or the mall, or grocery, or school, or.......... I guess we should just stay home........no, they got me there too!

GgRodregez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    2500 trucks are a hot commodity, these days, especially the diesel models. They were likely looking for a set of keys in the center console. Cash and keys seem to be the common goal.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

I can sympathize with ya dude.....really can.....

Use to go to the State Archery Shoot at the dome.....last time there(been 'while.....) park'd in a attend'd lot,not too far from the d**n ticket booth ya chek in at.....got in my topper,and took everthing had in there that had a powercord or was cordless....'bout.....3K worth....:xmad:

Kind'a made me wonder.....if'a guy in the booth was 'spot'n' certain vehicles.....and tag'n some buddy's to come help themselves....:dunno:.....hard ta say,and ya never know.....filed a report w/Indy PD.....'bout as far as it went.....my business ins cover'd about 2200.00 of the loss........

Top Bottom