October was a month of colds and few knives.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    As fall winds down and the weather continues to cool, the kids to bringing home a few colds has been the thing I have been battling most recently. I have been sick for most of the month, but did manage to get some work done.
    This Damascus slicer was a order from a customer. Going to get wrapped in curly koa.
    IMG_9799_large.jpg

Nothing like using a squirrel cooker for well, cooking squirrel. Not something I eat often, but I was out hunting and bagged my first southern squirrel. Had a very pork taste to it. Nothing like the northern ones I've had.
    IMG_9848_large.jpg

Always one of the most exciting parts is getting a sneak peak of the pattern after hardening.
    IMG_9803_large.jpg

Snagged a new rig to try out. Time to hit the range I guess. Love me some M4 goodness.
    IMG_9811_large.jpg

Recipe for some tasty...
    1. Wrap hard boiled eggs in pork sausage and deep fry, ranch dipping optional.
    2. Add home brew or other tasty beverage.
    3. Enjoy.
    IMG_9816_large.jpg

No. 64, Damascus Slicer is finished.
    WIP Thread: No. 64, Damascus Slicer ? JG Knives & Tools
    IMG_9913_large.jpg

Another recipe for goodness:
    Combine frozen apple juice and apple pie spices in pot, simmer for a bit and let cool. Mix with Everclear. Enjoy.
    IMG_9903_large.jpg

The first Limb Chopping Knife, or L.C.K. has begun. This was an order as well, but I am sure I will make a few to add to the store in the coming weeks.
    IMG_9844_large.jpg

Getting the HAM Radio out and testing a new antenna.
    IMG_9860_large.jpg

Once I beat my colds, I started to resume my usual hikes to the top of Glassy Mtn. Here is the view.
    IMG_9883_large.jpg

Jack-O-Lanterns for Halloween this year.
    IMG_9919_large.jpg

Never really like doing Kydex, but my Bradshaw needed a new sheath. Wrapped it in Coyote, now to make some loops.
    IMG_9917_large.jpg

Spent last weekend camping with my son. He gathered the supplies to get the fire started. I enjoy seeing him grasp some of the skills I have tried to teach him.
    IMG_9928_large.jpg

771ft up hill with a 40lb ruck isn't fun to most, but I enjoy it.. Sometimes.
    IMG_9970_large.jpg

The road seems to go on and on. I prefer the trail as I can only see 10-20 of the trail ahead.
    IMG_9971_large.jpg

Rainy day a top the mountain.
    IMG_9966_large.jpg

Hopefully I get this one done in the coming week. Once that is done, a No Name Knife and another Damascus slicer is on tap to fill some orders. Need to get another run of BOC Mod. II's and Cap Maulers going.
    IMG_9898_large.jpg

Till next time. Thanks for the support and following along.
    -Jahred

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    try this

white grape peach juice(64 oz bottle) welches or walmart brand
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 can of peaches (in heavy syrup)
    4 cinnamon sticks (optional I used them 2 times, then I stopped)

simmer all of the above for 1/2 to 1 hour, till all the sugar is dissolved then let cool to room temp

after its cool, add 1/2 of a 5th of everclear, and 1/2 of a 5th of peach schnapps (about 1 and a 1/2 cups od each)

split the peaches up into about 4-1 quart mason jars, if you used the cinnamon sticks, add one to the jar too, ladle the peach juice, alcohol mix into the jars, put it in the fridge for a couple of weeks, and bam...peach moonshine(or peach pie if you use the cinnamon), but be careful its sweet, smooth and it'll creep up on you!

oh you're welcome!(in advance, cause you'll thank me for this if you like peaches)

Top Bottom