• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    My wifes laptop will stall out when Vista is starting. It does fine then it starts to load the sidebar and it just stops. The hd light blinks, you can access the start menu, but that is it. I used to be able to fix this by running ccleaner and defragging, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. I have no idea what the problem is and figured maybe knows how to give it a permanent fix.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Have you installed any new software recently?

Start it up in safe mode, it might have a driver that is bad.

You can also bring up the restore feature while in safe mode and restore to a earlier point and see if that corrects the problem.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    try to run msconfig & turn off all startup programs. malwarebytes & ccleaner are a must. also how does it run in safe mode? All all drivers updated? Latest service pack?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My wifes laptop will stall out when Vista is starting.

I think I see your problem.

Vista is not the problem, it has gotten more bad raps than what it deserves.
    I've had Vista64 for 3 years this August and it has been by far the best MS operating system that I have EVER ran. I can count on one hand haw many times I've had a problem, and that was because of software being labeled as 64 bit capability, when it actually was not.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Vista had some issues with a memory leak but I believe they had a patch for it.
    Use this link and read up on the OS and how and what services Vista does/ doesn't need. Quite a few nonsense services can be disabled A little tweeking and I think you'll find the OS to be a little more stable and not such a memory/ resource hog. Use at your own risk.
    Windows Vista | Black Viper's Website | www.blackviper.com

Top Bottom