• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I retrieved my man bag this week. . . .

From the Greenwood Police property room. Y'all need to give me some grief because the officers at the temporary property room refused to. I apparently got in a hurry and left it in the cart in the Sam's club parking lot. I am grateful to the good Samaritan who turned it in, unmolested.

On body carry only for me from now on.

Now submitted for the abuse i deserve.

batman_slaps_robin.jpg

slap-in-the-face-clipart-18.jpg

slap-on-the-face-on-slap-day.png

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Guess I have a man bag. I call it my GHB. It has a firearm in it. My back-up. I take it any time I leave, but it always stays in the vehicle.

My spouse is still not carrying full time because she doesn't have good gear (belt) and doesn't want to go up a pant size (modesty) to IWB carry. She considered the purse carry, but happily she has not gone that direction.

Even with the purse on the body it is a tempting and easy target, in my opinion. She wears hers cross body. She realizes though that someone trying a snatch and grab will be pulling the strap around her throat. How does one then deal with the situation?

Before any of the billy bad-asses come out and say they will be there... no you won't. You are not together 24 hours a day. In the restroom? When she takes the kids out for lunch? Going to the theater with the girls?

Now having a purse gun as a BUG maybe...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No carry method is foolproof.

Off body carry can be a legitimate method based on circumstances beyond one's control. Laptop bags don't print, nor raise any real suspicions in the appropriate environment.

For me, when that situation arises, I do the best I can.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No carry method is foolproof.

Off body carry can be a legitimate method based on circumstances beyond one's control. Laptop bags don't print, nor raise any real suspicions in the appropriate environment.

For me, when that situation arises, I do the best I can.

Pretty much my stance as well. It has it's places, but typically is not my primary method and is not at a time, when I am likely to be losing control of the bag, (for example, out and about in a retail environment, etc).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks rhino. I needed that.

Glad to help!

As has been mentioned, off body carry carries its own risks and deficiencies, but sometimes it's the only reasonable solution. I think it works best for an SBR that complements what you have on your body for immediate use.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    No one said it yet: Even my wife carries conceiled on person. I do have her carry my .454 in her purse for me sometimes. Hey, it gets heavy. Just joking, .454 stays on me. She doesn't feel right about purse carry. Bless her.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I carry an extra J frame 357 magnum model 60-10 along with a couple of speed strips in my EDC bag I take to the shop every day....I keep some medicine in it, a crank radio, first aid kit, a couple of lighters, knives, and an Israeli style trauma kit.....I figure one day I may get shot in here...From a robbery or from a "it's not loaded" guy....

As soon as I get in the model 60 goes in the top drawer and every now an again I'll put it on my belt in front of, but not in the way of my 640-1, that's on me from "can see to cain't see" as it were....

Every evening (if it's dark when I am closing) I carry the Model 60 out in my hand......If I see someone pulling up to the shop that I get a bad vibe from (backing in to the parking spot always get's my jimmies rustled) I grab the model 60 and have it in my hand as if I am moving it to another part of the shop.....If the person ends up being okay I just put it back where I had it.....

Top Bottom