• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    how many of us would scream and yell at a pregnant woman for having too many items?

just because she's pregnant doesn't change the fact she had too many items in the express lane. those people **** me off.

If she was so pregnant as to be that uncomfortable, then she should have sent her husband alone. That was my job for about 5 of the 8.5 months my wife had a bun in the oven.

24 hours/day. 7 days/ week. I did that to her. So I became the gopher. :laugh:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    But are u going to act worse than she did? **** you off yes but I've never seen anything in your posts that have made me think you would act like the cop

Jake

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    how many of us would scream and yell at a pregnant woman for having too many items?

Most wouldn't think her being pregnant or not should make a difference.
    But - It does.

That cop is lucky to be alive. Have you ever argued with a woman spawning? It could have been fatal. You just don't do it. She could have taken him.
    No wonder he pulled his gun.

Pregnant Chicks scare the crap out of me. :nailbite:

Just feeling a little purple today.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Most wouldn't think her being pregnant or not should make a difference.
    But - It does.

That cop is lucky to be alive. Have you ever argued with a woman spawning? It could have been fatal. You just don't do it. She could have taken him.
    No wonder he pulled his gun.

Pregnant Chicks scare the crap out of me. :nailbite:

Just feeling a little purple today.

I agree! As a father of 4 I understand completely. I'd rep you but I'm out for the day.

Jake

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, I will agree that pushing someone is assault/battery. How many here would draw and point a gun at someone because they shoved you? I am guessing not many would do such a thing, which means this Deputy is an assbag.

I agree. Shoving someone is battery on the technical sense, and you can be arrested for it. That said, I have been to a ton of calls where someone pushed or shoved another, and honestly can't every think of a time that anyone has ever been arrested solely based on being pushed.

The mitigating factor is that the person pushed (LEO or not), was yelling at another man's wife. If I ever encounter to civilians in such a situation, and one pulled a gun on the guy who did the shoving, hopefully no one would go to jail. I would certainly have a talk with the guy who pulled the gun, and if I had to lean one way or the other about who would go to jail, it would be the guy who drew down on the other.

I've been pushed before, and been CC'ing.... my first thought was never "my life is in danger, I better pull out the roscoe." Now if one guy pushed me, was surrounded by 3 or his friends, and they were intent on kicking my butt because a man shouldn't be as handsome as I am, then there may be some justification.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree. Shoving someone is battery on the technical sense, and you can be arrested for it. That said, I have been to a ton of calls where someone pushed or shoved another, and honestly can't every think of a time that anyone has ever been arrested solely based on being pushed.

The mitigating factor is that the person pushed (LEO or not), was yelling at another man's wife. If I ever encounter to civilians in such a situation, and one pulled a gun on the guy who did the shoving, hopefully no one would go to jail. I would certainly have a talk with the guy who pulled the gun, and if I had to lean one way or the other about who would go to jail, it would be the guy who drew down on the other.

I've been pushed before, and been CC'ing.... my first thought was never "my life is in danger, I better pull out the roscoe." Now if one guy pushed me, was surrounded by 3 or his friends, and they were intent on kicking my butt because a man shouldn't be as handsome as I am, then there may be some justification.
    Thank you very much from one of our contributing LEO's. I knew I liked you for a reason, and you know I don't like LEO's:D

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Part of the problem with this instance is that cops are pretty much the only ones now "allowed" to call out people when they break the rules. Cops are pretty much the parent of society, and there are actually lots of people in society that demand cops police the actions of others (smoking bans, loitering, etc.). It also seems we have a growing "me, myself, and I" attitude society, where the rules only apply to others. It's their world, we just live in it you know? Combined, no one gets called out for their wrong doing anymore. It is now wrong to call out someone on welfare scamming the system, having kids they can't afford, and even skipping long lines at regular checkouts by using limited item count checkouts.

So here we have a cop, who is conditioned to parent everyone else, and a rule breaker. The cop calls out the rule breaker (not sure of the tone or loudness due to no video). Of course the rule breakers husband now thinks he has a right to lay hands on a person whose only for all we know, dared to call out someone who had a high and mighty attitude. So we basically had two high and mighty attitudes, Item limits don't matter to me vs I'm the parent of the world. It isn't surprising how this all unfolded.

I'm waiting for the $40,000,000,000.00 lawsuit. You know, I'm sure the fetus is scared for life and all. Better yet, make it an even trillion, rights were violated here.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    All kinds of blame to go around here. The cop WAY overreacted, most likely, and should be evaluated for mental/emotional stability before going back on the street if that's the case.

The couple are probably not as innocent as they make it sound. I say the battery charge sticks unless they toss it for PR reasons, which they probably will because this cop made a bad decision pulling a gun.:draw:

Don't use the express lane after doing your weekly shopping! :xmad:
    IF it happened as reported. Conceding that it may not have.
    I got no problem with the mans actions. The law allows for you to return force with equal force and some cases one step above.
    Man steps forward and I'm in fear for my safety I shove him back and tell him to take a hike. Seems reasonable to me.
    Now this does definitely put it into a gray area, and it needs to have happened exactly as described. I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Part of the problem with this instance is that cops are pretty much the only ones now "allowed" to call out people when they break the rules. Cops are pretty much the parent of society, and there are actually lots of people in society that demand cops police the actions of others (smoking bans, loitering, etc.). It also seems we have a growing "me, myself, and I" attitude society, where the rules only apply to others. It's their world, we just live in it you know? Combined, no one gets called out for their wrong doing anymore. It is now wrong to call out someone on welfare scamming the system, having kids they can't afford, and even skipping long lines at regular checkouts by using limited item count checkouts.

So here we have a cop, who is conditioned to parent everyone else, and a rule breaker. The cop calls out the rule breaker (not sure of the tone or loudness due to no video). Of course the rule breakers husband now thinks he has a right to lay hands on a person whose only for all we know, dared to call out someone who had a high and mighty attitude. So we basically had two high and mighty attitudes, Item limits don't matter to me vs I'm the parent of the world. It isn't surprising how this all unfolded.

I'm waiting for the $40,000,000,000.00 lawsuit. You know, I'm sure the fetus is scared for life and all. Better yet, make it an even trillion, rights were violated here.

It doesn't matter how many people clamor for police intervention, there are constraints to police action, no matter how well-intentioned. In the absence of evidence of a crime being committed - or reasonable suspicion of involvement in a prior crime - there is no reason or rationale for the officer in question to have intervened. Enforcement of store policies which are a matter of policy, and not law, is solely the domain of the staff. If they choose not to enforce those rules, then they are disobeying whatever rules the store implements - and I agree that people are much too willing to disregard the rules for personal benefit, to the annoyance of myself and pretty much everyone around me - but neither is enforcement of store rules the domain of the police. At all. No matter how many people supposedly clamor to have the Government involved.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

What total crap!

Enforcing store policy IS NOT the function of the police!

It is also NOT their concern whether or not I brushed my teeth last night or took my vitamins!

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    This Story as told doesn't pass the smell test. I imagine that yes the offduty cop did the right thing and call this couple out.
    But I can also see the female going nuts getting in the officer face especially as the extralarge fri husband comes on the scene. Let's say the cop is an average 5'11 hefty 190lb. Lets pretend his counter is 6'2 270lb who is already acting violently - what do you expect should be done to make sure the cop is not furthered battered? Do we consider a skinny crackhead "give me yo money" more dangerous than a large violently aggressive male? I don't trust the media here. And until I see a video that distinctly shows the cop as the worse but still... The cop did not commit no crime prior to being attacked.

Some people will always defend the police, regardless of the situation. An officer could illegally enter a house and barbeque someone's infant on the backyard grill and some people will run to his defense.

Goodness man, what does it take for this to seem wrong to you? Does it need to be your pregnant wife who is being screamed at?

Top Bottom