• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I use the content on Remington.com to train new shooters, specifically the shotgun guide in the safety section. It helps to understand what choke really does and ammo selection. scroll to bottom of screen: Remington Safety Center

Skeet and trap info here (lower right corner): Remington Shooting Sports Shotguns & Target Loads

I also make them go through this info, not just the 10 point plan, but all 6 links, eye dominance is a must do
    10 point plan for improved game shooting

Good how to info here: OSP Shooting School, Shotgun and Shooting Tips
    Also, sign up for their email coaching tips, good folks: Welcome to Shotgun Life - ShotgunLife.com

Don't forget 5 stand, I will find a description later and place here if no one else does.

Last edited:

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    I also make them go through this info, not just the 10 point plan, but all 6 links, eye dominance is a must do
    10 point plan for improved game shooting

Good info above. If your going to get serious about the shotgun sports, proper mounting technique and gun fit is a must. I use a custom Remington 20 gauge 1100 try gun for instruction. It can be fitted to virtually anyone. Lenth of pull from 13 1/4" to 14 3/4" and cants to either side for left or right handers. Comb height has 1" variance!

[FONT=&quot]
    100_0781.jpg

100_0784.jpg

100_0785.jpg

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    Heres my competition gun, Beretta 682 Gold, Kolar sub gauge tubes, 30".....

100_0756.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0761.jpg

100_0764.jpg

Last edited:

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    This is "Purple", my fun gun now. It has hundreds of thousands of rounds through it. I was living in Louisiana at the time and am still a LSU fan. It was quite famous in the skeet fields of the south east. Beretta 682, Kolar sub gauge tubes, 30"..............

BTW........Ward Burton saw it at his celebrity shoot and fell in love with it!

100_0748.jpg

100_0750-1.jpg

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I am a bit confused, I assumed the original topic wanted to get people form point A to point B........AKA actually shoot the game and hit a bird, not just look at it. Why describe the games without trying to steer shooters to some kind fo instruction. About 90% of shotgun gaming occurs before you ever pull the trigger.

For those of you who can click and read, the Trap and Skeet info on the Remington site is about as good as it gets for self instruction. If you read that and get on the phone with someone who knows the game, you can cover a lot of ground. I am not going to waste my time pulling graphics from one site to another. Someone else can do that.

Lordy, what a waste of my time.

FYI Trap involves the most muscle memorization, then Skeet then Clays

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Good info above. If your going to get serious about the shotgun sports, proper mounting technique and gun fit is a must. I use a custom Remington 20 gauge 1100 try gun for instruction. It can be fitted to virtually anyone. Lenth of pull from 13 1/4" to 14 3/4" and cants to either side for left or right handers. Comb height has 1" variance!
    Attached Images
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    I am not seeing the pics, but I use a Beretta 303 in 20 gauge with an english stock for newbies and I need a few more because that one is mine and the ladies in the family like it. A 20 gauge with an adjustable stock is an excellent idea. I have been thinking about it, what stock do you use?

A few weeks ago I took my GF out to shoot clays of any kind for the first time, it would have made the best training video ever. She has shot carbines and handguns for 5 years. She is very technical and motivated to shoot, competitive, also a natural athlete and stands 5'10".

The gun, the ammo, the shots I put her on were all designed to give her the win. Within 10 shots she was shooting at and breaking halves and thirds of broken birds (seperate issue here, may have central vision). When she wood get tired, I would shoot some, show her other shots and sure enough she would take back over.

As we wrapped up, another guy pulls up with his woman. We are packing up and out comes his 12 gauge O/U, maybe 28", he is about 5'10"-6' tall, she is maybe 5'4" and not motivated to shoot. He saw what I was doing and decided to use the same stands I had used to "train" his partner.

I finished packing and told the GF lets hang and and watch, it is always good training to watch others shoot. You know where this was going, TOTAL FAIL. 110% fail. She shot maybe 3-4 times. When it was over even the GF said that chic will never shoot a shotgun again. I didn't have to say a word. I wish we had it all on video.

Then we went to lunch and reviewed the info printed out from Remington on chokes and ammo. She is hooked. For Thanksgiving we are doing a road trip and hitting clays courses all along the way.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am a bit confused, I assumed the original topic wanted to get people form point A to point B........AKA actually shoot the game and hit a bird, not just look at it. Why describe the games without trying to steer shooters to some kind fo instruction. About 90% of shotgun gaming occurs before you ever pull the trigger.

The original topic was a request for an overview of the differences between several shooting sports, not necessarily a detailed explanation of the intricacies.

Big Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    W PA
    I am not seeing the pics, but I use a Beretta 303 in 20 gauge with an english stock for newbies and I need a few more because that one is mine and the ladies in the family like it. A 20 gauge with an adjustable stock is an excellent idea. I have been thinking about it, what stock do you use?

My try gun has Graco hardware, adjustable butt and comb. My guns are done by Jerry Nelson "The Country Gentleman", with fixed length of pull.

Top Bottom