• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you are being asked out of the vehicle - you're already in some pretty good trouble and the likely next question will be are there any weapons or drugs in the car? To which you can either answer or not answer. A non answer will get the passenger out quickly as well.

if your passenger was drunk, when you get out can they be charged with DUI since they are the only ones in the car? I think similar logic applies.
    Not always true. Officers discretion. I've known 2 people who hadn't ever done anything in their lives that were asked to step out before. (No not me) Just comply without talking. If asked if they can search you say I don't consent to any searches of my person of property and I chose to remain silent and not answer any questions without my lawyer present.
    any good cop will do what he needs and let you go. A cop with an chip on his shoulder will hassle you and maybe even get a dog to come out. Stay calm an let them waste their time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not always true. Officers discretion. I've known 2 people who hadn't ever done anything in their lives that were asked to step out before. (No not me) Just comply without talking. If asked if they can search you say I don't consent to any searches of my person of property and I chose to remain silent and not answer any questions without my lawyer present.
    any good cop will do what he needs and let you go. A cop with an chip on his shoulder will hassle you and maybe even get a dog to come out. Stay calm an let them waste their time.

Except that, in such a case, it's not a waste of their time. They're getting paid the whole time you are setting on the side of the road. You are the one prevented from being on your way and enjoying your liberty. Of course...you are free to file a complaint later.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The more time a rogue cop can waste on me, the less time he can spend harassing others, perhaps less equipped to deal with their B.S. And if they extend a motor vehicle stop more than 15-20 minutes waiting for the K-9 unit, that's unreasonable search/seizure and you're getting all of their efforts tossed in court. Bonus.

Top Bottom