• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yep, they are punishing him with a vacation.

Administrative leave, as in with pay and bennies.
    100% wrong. He has been suspended without pay since Aug of last year. Everything police related has been confiscated and has no police powers. He will remain so until his case is handled then the Merit Board will fire him. He was arrested and he made bond like everyone else. His time to answer the charges is coming. Not sure where these assumptions come from.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    100% wrong. He has been suspended without pay since Aug of last year. Everything police related has been confiscated and has no police powers. He will remain so until his case is handled then the Merit Board will fire him. He was arrested and he made bond like everyone else. His time to answer the charges is coming. Not sure where these assumptions come from.
    That's what I thought. People don't realize that there are different types of suspensions...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

I hope you and your facts are correct... his paychecks from the time of the accident - August of last year still make me sick... but I'm glad he's not getting anymore.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Damn, so you're saying I shouldn't believe everything I read?:):

Pretty sure you should check your sources...

I only have one...Just the first one I found.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bisardinv...od-evidence-thursday-20111027,0,189749.column

Bisard, who remains on administrative leave from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department [snip]

Or this one:

http://indypokerruns.com/2-hurt-in-bisard-crash-sue-him-impd-city.html

The Bisard case remains tied up in court . He remains on administrative leave from IMPD pending the outcome of his charges.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yes, he is on administrative leave... Pending the outcome of his charges... There are more than one kind of AL. Paid and unpaid. Paid is usually used when you're not facing something criminal or for a minor policy infraction. Unpaid is usually when you're facing a criminal charge and waiting to be fired or if you've committed a major policy infraction. Paid AL usually ends with either some time off unpaid or you being exhonorated and put back to full duty. Unpaid AL usually means you're gonna get canned, although not always. Both of these are different than a suspension that has been handed out as a punishment.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yes, he is on administrative leave... Pending the outcome of his charges... There are more than one kind of AL. Paid and unpaid. Paid is usually used when you're not facing something criminal or for a minor policy infraction. Unpaid is usually when you're facing a criminal charge and waiting to be fired or if you've committed a major policy infraction. Paid AL usually ends with either some time off unpaid or you being exhonorated and put back to full duty. Unpaid AL usually means you're gonna get canned, although not always. Both of these are different than a suspension that has been handed out as a punishment.

My apologies for the misunderstanding. I looked up the definition of "administrative leave" at least 10 different places and they all basically said this:

Administrative leave is a temporary leave from a job assignment, with pay and benefits intact.

Since neither of the articles I posted put "unpaid" in front of "AL" I just assumed.

BTW, I fixed the link for you.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    My apologies for the misunderstanding. I looked up the definition of "administrative leave" at least 10 different places and they all basically said this:

Since neither of the articles I posted put "unpaid" in front of "AL" I just assumed.
    You mean the news didn't report the whole story?! :eek::eek::eek:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I hope you and your facts are correct... his paychecks from the time of the accident - August of last year still make me sick... but I'm glad he's not getting anymore.
    Well, I was just looking at our personnel program today and I looked Dave up. I am 100% correct. I cannot say that about ANY of the news outlets. What makes you sick? The crash happened Aug of last year. He was suspended w/o pay just days after the BAC results were released. Not much of a delay.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :+1: to you, Denny! I don't know if I've read every post in every thread involving Bisard, but I've followed many of them and can say this. You've remained impartial and have striven only to give facts in the face of many statements that have generalized the accused's behavior with that indicative of the entire IMPD.
    You Sir, are an Officer whose dedication and professionalism I can truely respect. You bring credit and honor to yourself and your department. :rockwoot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    :+1: to you, Denny! I don't know if I've read every post in every thread involving Bisard, but I've followed many of them and can say this. You've remained impartial and have striven only to give facts in the face of many statements that have generalized the accused's behavior with that indicative of the entire IMPD.
    You Sir, are an Officer whose dedication and professionalism I can truely respect. You bring credit and honor to yourself and your department. :rockwoot:
    I you continue to make me blush I'm going to come over there and kick your butt...;)

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    He's not fixing that ticket for you. ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I you continue to make me blush I'm going to come over there and kick your butt...;)
    Give us a heads up before you do so we can get our cameras ready and we'll post it on youhootube then we can call you bad names and stuff.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :lmfao:

One D-bag does not a department make, but it does make one look bad. From where I sit, Denny is one of the good guys and I just thought he deserved a bit of public credit.

having met denny one day while he was on duty, I can say this is true. He is one of the good guys.

Top Bottom