• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanprivate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2018
    San Jose
    I think a tragedy like this, near a holiday, would certainly be different that any other day. You essentially have a yearly marker to remind you of the event. I know a couple of people who become different people during certain holidays because of the loss of a loved one.

This. I’m Vietnamese and my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer on lunar New Year. I’m reminded of it every year.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think a tragedy like this, near a holiday, would certainly be different that any other day. You essentially have a yearly marker to remind you of the event. I know a couple of people who become different people during certain holidays because of the loss of a loved one.

I'm sure you're right. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Per the first story (5 Fast Facts...), that picture was taken 5 hours prior to the shooting.

For those so inclined, I found a link to the official memorial fund hidden in that story.

Requiescat In Pace, Corporal Singh

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Lost my oldest son to Cancer. On my birthday. Holding his hand. 2002.
    Yes Kut you are correct. It will alter how you see these days.

This hits a cord in my heart and it hurts. I did not know this officer or his family. Act was right. He is beyond such things now but I see those who survive him. And I am very sad for this.

And now I am to understand the Perp is an illegal. It really matters not as the officer is gone. But yes it matters.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Suspect illegal yet many local LEA's support being sanctuary cities. Now I'm waiting for the kicker (in the cajones) where we discover he had an ICE detainer on him and some jerkwad agency let him free anyway.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Sadly the loss is a constant reminder regardless of the Holiday season, I think for many they are less adept at keeping it inside during the holidays.

It's a life changing event, even 10 years later you can find yourself remembering it as if it was yesterday.

My prayers to his family.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Lost my oldest son to Cancer. On my birthday. Holding his hand. 2002.
    Yes Kut you are correct. It will alter how you see these days.
    I never knew that. My dad went in the hospital on my 13th birthday, and died a few days later, nothing like losing a child, but yeah, it sticks with you. It’s been so long ago that I don’t cry every time I think of it, but you never lose it.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I never knew that. My dad went in the hospital on my 13th birthday, and died a few days later, nothing like losing a child, but yeah, it sticks with you. It’s been so long ago that I don’t cry every time I think of it, but you never lose it.

Same here, Only I was 8
    Losing a child sucks too, Just went through it this year. It really wears on Mama

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No. It will never go away. Especially when there is a marker. Major (or minor) Holiday or a birthday. I lost a very dear friend on Thanksgiving in 1972. I still think of him every time that day rolls around.

My mood does change as the "B" day approaches. But not as much this year as the last. Maybe it will get a bit easier next.

We have all lost somebody along the journey.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The high sheriff was on tv this morning. He seems hung up on the guy being here illegally...dude... you’re in Kali.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

The state of kalifornia seems to be on the side of the illegal alien/drunk driving/gang member

Christianson noted that had law enforcement previously been able to report the suspect to Immigration and Customs Enforcement because of his criminal record, the slain officer's death might not have happened.

"While we absolutely need to stay focused on Officer Singh’s service and sacrifice, we can’t ignore the fact that this could’ve been preventable," Christianson said. "And under SB54 in California, based on two arrests for DUI and some other active warrants that this criminal has out there, law enforcement would’ve been prevented, prohibited from sharing any information with ICE about this criminal gang member. Ladies and gentlemen, this is not how you protect a community."

The photo shows the alleged “cop-killer” posing in a tank-top shirt, with a metal chain necklace draped around his neck and a large flaming skull tattoo visible on his right arm. Underneath the tattoo is the word “$ur3no$,” which, according to police in Washington State, is Spanish for “southerners”.

“Sureños are a group of Mexican-American street gangs with origins in southern California (south of Bakersfield),” reads a profile on the group in a police gang recognition guide. “The gang has allegiance to the [California] prison gang, Mexican Mafia, aka “La Eme”.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-illegal-immigrant-cop-killer-taken-into-custody-officials-say

Top Bottom